Does iOS have a log of data usage?
jimm_meyer

This seems to be a common problem. My daughter is using 40MB to 150MB 4 times a day - every 6 hours.

My wife and I don't have this problem. All 3 of us are up to date on iOS. So, my guess is a rogue app.

It uses the cellular connection even if the phone is connected to WiFi. Blocking cellular access works. But, that requires turning cellular on when needed and remembering to turn it off when done.

The usage summary on the iPhone does not show this rogue data.

Does iOS have a log of data usage (not on the Verizon web site, on the phone)?

How do I scan the phone for rogue software/malware?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: A Common Problem - Rogue Data Use
Weth
Legend

Settings, cellular

as you scroll down, you will see a list of apps, some with data numbers. This is the amount of data used since you manually reset the counters.  To reset, scroll all the way to the bottom and reset usage statistics. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Settings, cellular

as you scroll down, you will see a list of apps, some with data numbers. This is the amount of data used since you manually reset the counters.  To reset, scroll all the way to the bottom and reset usage statistics. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand the frustrations with having a higher usage on one of your devices than normal jimm.meyer. We can help with some steps to help with excessive data usage. First make sure that wifi-assist is disabled. Here is a link with the steps to disable wifi-assist http://vz.to/2bJF3J0 . You can also try using family base on that line to limit the data. Here is a link with information about Family Base https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/family-base/ .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes