Different SIM
xthelancerx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an iPhone 6, and have been wanting to look into other carriers lately. I'm still under contract, so what would happen if I stuck in a different SIM, like a prepaid SIM from T-Mobile just to test things out? I won't be cancelling my line with Verizon, and I will continue paying my bill for now but I just want to test things out with other carriers. What will happen? Will I be charged an ETF or will my line be canclled or will my phone's IMEI be blacklisted? Will it cause issues with the entire account since my family is all on one account?

I know my iPhone 6 supports Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile because the iPhone 6's sent to customers of the respective carriers have the same exact model numbers and the iPhone 6 has dual-band antennas including GSM and CDMA capabilities. Also, all 4G smartphones sold by Verizon are unlocked, so I'm good there. Just not totally sure if being on contract and whatnot will cause any issues by simply switching my SIM for a different one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Different SIM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Well there are a few things going on here and I definitely want to address them.  First and foremost, why would you consider trying another service?  We definitely never want to lose you as a customer. If there is something going on that is making you con sider it, let us know and I'm confident we can resolve it.
As for the contract, using another Sim would not cuase your contract to terminate, nor cause you to incur any fees beyond your standard bill.  Verizon itself cannot guarantee service quality or function on another network though.  Also, just a reminder you would have a different phone number on your line while using the other sim. 
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you put another SIM in your iPhone 6, nothing hopes to your Verizon account.  Verizon cannot even "see" you did that.  To them, once you take the Verizon SIM out, the phone is offline. 

It is completely safe to do what you want. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Well there are a few things going on here and I definitely want to address them.  First and foremost, why would you consider trying another service?  We definitely never want to lose you as a customer. If there is something going on that is making you con sider it, let us know and I'm confident we can resolve it.
As for the contract, using another Sim would not cuase your contract to terminate, nor cause you to incur any fees beyond your standard bill.  Verizon itself cannot guarantee service quality or function on another network though.  Also, just a reminder you would have a different phone number on your line while using the other sim. 
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes