Different SIM card for iPhone 4s 8GB and 16GB?
NefeshOmanit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 4s that is 8GB, and I just bought a used iPhone 4s that has 16GB. I tried to transfer the old SIM card to the new phone, but it's not working. Do I need a different SIM card for different phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Different SIM card for iPhone 4s 8GB and 16GB?
Weth
Legend

Yes, you need to register the device (switch device) online or call customer service, then do *228.  The SIM is not used at all unless you travel To a GSM area. 

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

You might need to activate the phone on your account in My Verizon or by Live Chat or in-store support.  You can also call from another phone and have Verizon activate it on your line if it has never been activated on your line before.  Usually you can just swap SIMs, but if it is not registered to your account already you normally need to do that first.

0 Likes
NefeshOmanit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awesome, thanks! I'll try those steps.

Weth
Legend

The SIM in the 4S is not used for Verizon service. It is there for overseas roaming only. Only LTE phones use SIM on Verizon. 

Snn5
Legend

So, *228 instead?

0 Likes
NefeshOmanit
Enthusiast - Level 2

So if my device doesn't need a SIM card, why isn't my cellular data working on my new phone? It just keeps sending a message saying that activation was unsuccessful. It doesn't actually mention a SIM card; I just assumed that was the issue. What other reason could be preventing me from connecting to the cellular data on my new phone? Do I need to register a new device on my account? I don't know how to do that. Can you please help?

Thanks!

Naomi

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, my first response about contacting Verizon might be a good place to start.  As Weth mentioned...the SIM in your phones is for international use.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, you need to register the device (switch device) online or call customer service, then do *228.  The SIM is not used at all unless you travel To a GSM area.