Re: Delayed voicemails showing up weeks to days later
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nimrod66, I rely on my messages, and always get important calls regarding my family, and business things. I would be very concerned as well if they were not coming in on time. Hours to days is way too long to wait. I am here to help and we will get to the bottom of this. When did this start with the delays? Do the delays occur in the same place or random places? What is the exact make and model of your device? SantoC_VZW

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried all of the suggested solutions. This has happened with 3 different phones over the course of 6-7 years so I didn't think any troubleshooting solution would work, and they did not. I'm glad I'm not the only one only because now it's finally getting some attention after I've reported the issue so many times over the years.

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

that is a great idea
0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

sickofthis6
only problem is that text messages don't always get delivered either. I don't know if that's just with iPhones, or all phones on Verizon. My guess is that the voicemail and text message issues are related and Verizon needs to fix this.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sandimascharvel,

We understand how important your Voicemails and messages are to you. We want to tackle both of these issues for you. You mentioned that this has happened on several different phones. Do you notice any pattern to when this happens? is it always the same time of day or the same location? Does it happen to any other users?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jenelle, these issues with voicemail and texts happen in different locations, not any particular time of day, and have happened with an LG EnVTouch, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 Plus over the last 6-7 years. I know of others with the same issues on different accounts and in different towns in NJ, but all on Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in, Sandimascharvel. There are currently two ongoing Apple iOS Voicemail issues that are under investigation at Apple. One involves delayed voicemail notifications, and the other involves the known iOS Voicemail Full Notification issue. Unfortunately, for the delayed issue, there is no workaround. Please check for available iOS updates regularly to get the fix ASAP. We hope this information helps. EricW_VZW

0 Likes
jesker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Too soon to know if I am on to something, but I just tried something and it seemed to help. 

In the app permissions for my voice mail, it did not have permission for storage. So I enabled that. Had my husband call me and leave a message, and I got the notification in about a minute or two. 

Admittedly not the best test case because we are both home right now and on wifi together. Yesterday when I missed his voicemail he was out, I was home. Will test more when the situation allows

0 Likes
jesker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok had my son call from different city, and I got immediate notification of his voicemail also. This is promising

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

@jesker is this an iPhone setting? I can't find such a setting on my iPhone 6 Plus. Thanks in advance
@jesker wrote:

Too soon to know if I am on to something, but I just tried something and it seemed to help. 

In the app permissions for my voice mail, it did not have permission for storage. So I enabled that. Had my husband call me and leave a message, and I got the notification in about a minute or two. 

Admittedly not the best test case because we are both home right now and on wifi together. Yesterday when I missed his voicemail he was out, I was home. Will test more when the situation allows

0 Likes