Re: Delayed voicemails showing up weeks to days later
dianakb

This is a continual problem for me too. iPhone X. Just called *86 and retrieved 2 "new" voicemails that came in February but weren't showing on the phone. The issue that triggered me to Google this is I just received a notification about a voicemail I received 1 week ago - I'm in the process of job hunting and this is not ok.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As the old saying goes, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". We all know that the timeliness of voicemail delivery is key. We want to be sure that this delay does not continue for you and your husband, Lolar34. What are the make and models of your devices? How often are they fully powered down? I'm hoping that this is at least once every couple of weeks.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dianakb, It's essential that we keep you connected with your voicemail. We'll figure out what's going on with your notifications. When did you start having this voicemail issue? Do you have problems with your calls, texts, or data browsing?

What zip code are you having problems in, and what are the closest street intersections to that location?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

@davehvac wrote:

I would love to hear of a solution.  This has been a problem with Verizon for a long time.  I have two phones, an ATT for personal use and a Verizon provided by my company.  This is only a problem on Verizon.  Today I had 17 VM's pop up - some as old as 26 days.  I often get text's and VM's that are days/weeks old with Verizon.  This is a known problem but they will not do anything to fix it.  Verizon also limits voicemail box capacity, unlike ATT.  I have to clean out my mailbox regularly with Verizon but I have never had to with ATT and I have that line for over a decade.  ATT has more signal limits than Verizon - though not nearly as much difference as a few years ago, but ATT has definitely got the better network.  Meanwhile...I would love to see a fix to this issue!!!  Hope someone at Verizon is listening.  This is a business account and I have notified the company owners that we are losing sales because we aren't getting messages.  We'll see if anyone cares.

I agree, this is been a huge, serious problem with Verizon for years and it has cost me money. I have had multiple phones and it has happened on every phone. Re-setting Wi-Fi settings, network settings etc does nothing to fix it.  I run a business and lose customers when this happens and I am seriously considering changing carriers after over 20 years with Verizon.  They have a serious problem and they need to fix it rather than always suggesting that it is something wrong with my phone. It’s unbelievable that this has gone on for at least 6 years and tech support always claims they’ve never heard of the issue. 

Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see that people who have this problem experience it with all different phones and different brands.  This has been my experience as well.  And that there are a number of other threads with this same issue. Someone who said they had AT&T before said that they never had this problem with that carrier. Any of the fixes like resetting network settings is only a temporary fix. The problem always ends up returning even if you get a new phone. Why can’t Verizon fix this? This is their issue, not our an issue with our phones. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get your voicemail messages on time, and we want to make sure this service is working properly for you. To make sure you get the support you need we recommend contacting our business support team at 800-922-0204 to make sure we investigate properly.

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
Jeremy135

Wow, and I thought I was the only one this was happening to. I never get voicemails on time, and when they do show up there are five or six of them up to a month old. This has negatively impacted my work and I have lost business because of it. I will be looking to switch as soon as it is convenient for me. Receiving voicemails on time is vital, and unfortunately there’s no way of really knowing it has been fixed. I thought it had, then I received six old voicemails today. 

0 Likes
jbo8700

I had this happen to me recently and it caused me not to be there for someone who was dying. I am extremely angered by this as part of my job requires me to respond quickly when these things happen. I would really like to see a true fix on the company's end because from everything I am reading in this thread, the solution does not seem to be on the end of the users, but at Verizon itself. If this is truly not happening on other carriers, for the sake of those I serve, I would deeply have to consider making a change. What's worse is that I've been with Verizon for many years now and it would be a shame to switch because they can't get their act together on something as simple as timely voicemails.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbo8700, being able to receive voicemails as they are received are essential, and we are disheartened to learn this issue has affected you recently. We would be saddened to see you leave the Verizon family, and would like to help turn this around. We are aware of this issue and is actively being investigated for a resolution. What is the software version of your device? You can find this by navigating to your settings>general>about. Please ensure that you performed a soft reset and that you are not connected to Wi-Fi and provide your results. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
danpgov
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a resolution for dropped voicemails?  this is frustrating as I am not seeing the missed calls on my call logs.