Re: Delay in receiving voice mail
Deebeejay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also started having this problem in the last month or two. I have an iPhone 8+ and am constantly on/off various WiFi networks and on cellular. Seems like this is not a phone model-specific or setting-specific issue, having read through many of the complaints here. I do hope Verizon is making this a number one priority and will shed some light on the cause even if preliminary info. 

shannondunn7
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_supportI am also having this problem. I received four voicemails today (9/4), including one from 8/24 and one from 8/25. I received no prior notifications of these voicemails (the little numbers on the app icons drive me crazy). I have consistent LTE and excellent wifi. No trouble making or receiving calls or texts. The persistence of this problem for folks who are experiencing it is surprising. Can you speak to what you're doing to try to resolve? Can we turn off visual voicemail if that is causing the problem, or is that even an option?

0 Likes
myalias
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well said, Leroy!!

0 Likes
jpearson0525
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to add my comments to this situation.  1) It is happening to me and my wife. 2) we are in 20877 zipcode.  3) we both use Samsung S7s - purchased via Verizon,  4) The problem of no notification or voicemails appearing on our phones has been going on for months - at least the spring of 2019, 5) This has also caused problems with Doctors offices, business clients, Friends, Missed appointments, etc., 6) With no notifications, I don't know I've missed a phone call,  7) With no downloads of the header of the voice message, checking the application doesn't help,  😎 We are phone a lot and on WiFi the entire time,  9) try to keep phone with us all of the time to hear the calls when they come in, but that's not always practical, 10) If the Visual Voicemail is TCP/IP based and cannot work over Internet service - that is a major problem, my goal is to keep the phone on Internet as much as 90% of the time (some one Internet). (Like email),  11) From reading the community notes, I have tried every recommendation and it's does not improve the situtuation.  12) With the amount of complaints, I can not imagine someone at Verizon using Verizon Wireless is not experiencing the same problem.  Maybe they don't use the Internet Wifi.  13) Phone calls to support are not worth the time. 

I'm looking for a solution to an obvious, constant, and reoccuring problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jpearson0525, we regret to see that your voicemail/notification issues have been ongoing for this long. We don't want this to impact your ability to follow up on phone calls. Do you both primarily have this issue while at home indoors? 

Visual Voicemail requires a connection to our mobile network and Wi-Fi doesn't help enhance the function of your voicemail. If your indoor signal is weak, this can cause delayed voicemails at times. 

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
qhfan

I just want to add that I have also had this problem with voice mail and it does not matter where I am located, or if I am on wifi or direct data.  But I have noticed that often the voice mail will appear when I plug the phone in to be charged.  Please pass this information on to your troubleshooting team.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting. How long have you been having these issues? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
RhodyGirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon, 

This should NOT still be an issue a year after this thread began!!!  I am an unemployed single mom looking for work and am missing messages from potential employers.  What should I do, remove my phone number from my resume and job applications?  That wouldn’t look very professional! This has been happening to me for months. I thought it was just me until I found this thread.   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! We understand the importance of having access to your Voice Mail Messages immediately and we are here to help. Please tell us, are you using regular or Visual Voice Mail? What model is your device and is the software up to date?

0 Likes