Re: Delay in receiving voice mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jrfleisc, it’s essential that you get your voicemails in a timely manner. Let’s find out what’s going on and get this issue solved. When did this start happening? What zip code are you having problems in, and what are the closest street intersections to that location? What model phone iPhone do you have?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
changethursday
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing is happening to both my wife and I. Looking at the boards, theres been a big growth in this problem in the past few months. 

Verizon - We keep seeing the same (non working) advice in all the forums. Resetting networking settings isnt it. Its not a problem of someone's cellular being off and them being wifi only (that HAS to be pretty rare). 

Here's what we're looking for:

1. Let us know if this is known issue. You should have some sort of issue tracking that can confirm this. Looking at the forums, it looks like theres been a spike in the past few months. We're not going to be upset if you admit you found an issue and are working on it. We are going to be upset if you pretend theres no issue until you can quietly fix it, meanwhile, we're all frustrated. Truth is your friend. 
  2. Is it Device related? Again, your issue tracking should be able to tell you. Forum scanning says no, so it sounds like its device agnostic AKA its a verizon issue
  3. Upon confiming its a known issue, whats being done to fix it, and when do we think we will see something. 
Idontwanttobeamember

Alright, I've reset my network connections... which also seems to have wiped out the log-in details from all the wifi networks I need&use.  Major major hassle.  I will be really frustrated if my voicemail is not resolved with this step.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Resetting the network settings will delete your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. We can assure you that we are taking the correct steps to restore the service to your Voicemail. Please keep us posted, we are standing by to help.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
elizabethmichael10

I have been having the same issue for some time now.  On Tuesday I saw a missed call but there was no voicemail at that time. Today I received another call and I then received 2 voicemails. One was from Tuesday and the other today. I work with law enforcement so when they leave two voicemails and they don't show up for days this is a big issue.  It's not because I'm only on internet as it has been days and my phone has been using data as well with no other issues.

0 Likes
Stevereinemer

Same problem here randomly over a long period of time. Delay getting vm, sometimes several at once like today I got 4. One was from earlier today but other 3 were a cluster from about a month ago over the course of a week, also medical related and important!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having issues with delayed notifications for your voicemails, Stevereinemer. We would like to take a bit more information on your issue. How do you access your voicemail? What is the make and model of your device?  

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
2348f8vr8

This solved it: 

Go to iphone "Settings"

go to "Cellular"

go to "Calls on other devices" and then TURN OFF.

This immediately solved my issue. 

0 Likes
skijosh
Enthusiast - Level 2

This did not solve my issue. I have the same problem, on both my device and my wifes device. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you are having a great day so far and a wonderful beginning to your week! Thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We are always here to answer all of your questions and concerns. I am so sorry that you are having issues with your voicemail and we want to get this fixed. Please help me understand what you tried that "did not solve your issue". How often are you powering your device completely off? Is your Cellular Data feature turned off? Have you called into to your Voicemail Box to clear out your old messages rather than just deleting them from the Visual Voicemail Application?

I also want to emphasize that Apple's Visual Voicemail system does need a cellular network signal in order to deliver a notification. If you are continually connected to Wi-Fi or have your cellular data turned off, this will impact your notifications. If you are traveling more than 10 miles from your home each day, it is imperative that you power off your phone once or twice with the Wi-Fi feature turned off so your phone can receive network updates and connect to the closest tower to you. Please try these steps and keep me updated. I will be standing by!  

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes