Re: Delay in receiving voice mail
bhm22wfd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried toggling wifi on/off but it didn't solve the problem. I check voicemail from my phone by clicking on the new voicemail notifications when they are available. That's the problem though. They are never showing up. I've tried using *86, but I get a message that no new voicemails are available. This is untrue becuase I have left several test voicemails myself that are floating around in cyberspace somewhere. 

0 Likes
bhm22wfd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've toggled wifi on/off...no help. I've verified that cellular data is on., and even toggled it on/off to make sure...again, no help.

I normally check my voicemail by clicking on the notification when one pops up. I assume that's what you mean by "visual voicemail". However, since I've been experiencing this problem I've tried using *86 several times. Unfortunately, when I dial *86 I get a message that there are no new messages. However, that is not the case as I have left several messages for myself that never come through. 

0 Likes
gtelling
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Getting vm notifications days or weeks after they came in. This is unacceptable and dangerous as I have a severe medical condition and have tests, appts, proceedures being scheduled all the time. I have been with Verizon for years, but have no contract corrently and will be changing to T mobile if this is not resolved permently.

I can push my missed vms thru by calling my cell from my home line and leaving a message. This only works if I let the greeting play to the end and then leave a message. If I hit the volume key (which you often do, due to seeing you don't want to take the call right now, and want to force it to vm) this vm message also goes into the vm nirvana and does not come thru.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying the steps. When you have WiFi off, are you able to browse the internet? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gtelling, I agree receiving VM notification days and weeks late is unacceptable especially having severe medical conditions. It would be sad to see you leave the Verizon family. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Are you experiencing any other service issues? If so please explain. Do you normally keep your cellular data on? Have you tried restarting your device? 

JustinB_VZW

0 Likes
Rachel4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. Yesterday I received 5 different voicemail notifications from as long ago as 6 weeks, including one offering me a job interview. I have now missed out on the job opportunity because of this unacceptable Verizon issue.

This problem persists whether WiFi is off or on. I have cellular data turned on and am experiencing no other service issues. I have attempted to reset my network settings, toggle cellular data and WiFi off and on, and have tried leaving myself a voicemail (which gets lost in cyberspace). When I call *86, it tells me I have no new voicemails.

This is beyond unacceptable and I will be changing carriers unless it is resolved in the next 24 hours. This has literally cost me a life changing opportunity.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rachel4,

We never want to see our customers missing important messages due to any kind of error. I want to do all I can to get this addressed. I am very glad you mentioned all the steps you have completed and information you've verified thus far.

You mentioned no issues with other services such as calls, data or messages. Are you still getting missed call notifications, and have you noticed any other notifications at all being delayed?

It is also concerning that calling *86 states that you have no voicemails whatsoever. Is this just when you attempted leaving voicemails to yourself, or does calling *86 even after the delayed Visual Voicemail notifications still state no new voicemails? I ask about this because I want to determine if this is a network issue, notification issue, or an issue with voicemail itself. All details are helpful.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
wanderingfox
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been seeing a delay in voicemail as well. Someone left a voicemail for me on 2/25 but my phone didn't provide a notification until today (3/14).

It's getting to be a giant issue, as I need to keep manually calling *86 just to figure out if I have voicemail. This was never a problem until about two months ago.

Voice, text, data all work fine. I just don't get voicemail notifications anymore.

0 Likes
jjwarhawk

I have the same issue. It seems all the Verizon responses are “try this/try that” with no certainty on a very specific issue. 

I Have tried all the tips listed to no avail. I travel in and out of coverage, have cellular data turned on, WiFi is on, I have an expensive Verizon network extender in my home to avoid issues like this and I still have very unreliable voicemail delivery. They show up on my iPhone right away about 5% of the time. Some never show up and I have to retrieve them manually. I now have to call and check messages multiple times a day. 

I had the same setup with ATT prior to switching and never had an issue.

I’ve rebooted every device, reset network settings, the phone is up to date, all settings are correct and turned on where they should be. This is a Verizon issue, not a user problem. What is the specific fix or date the fix can be expected to be released?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to thank you for your efforts with troubleshooting your voicemail notifications, jjwarhawk. Our goal is to ensure each iPhone user has a successful voicemail delivery system. What we need to do is to determine which iPhone you are using. This helps us to narrow down the issue. We want to understand if this is affecting multiple  iPhone models or one specific model. When did you notice this being an issue initially? 

Do you have Do Not Disturb enabled or disabled? (Please test with Do Not Disturb disabled) http://spr.ly/6608EZHiA

What is enabled/disabled under Settings > Notifications > Phone? 

Does this occur when you are on WiFi, Cellular or both (test with WiFi turned off)

Does this behavior occur when restore via iTunes (set up as a new iPhone) has been completed? http://spr.ly/6600EZHiC

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes