Delay in receiving voice mail
SARNIE76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over the past 6 months I am having an issue of not receiving voicemails until late.  I have an iphone 7, update the iOs regularly.  Throughout my day I go from being on wifi to in areas with just cellular service multiple times.  When I do receive the voice mails it will be in a bunch all at once.  This morning someone left me a voice mail, I can listen to it if I call in and access my voice mail account but if I look at my voicemail through my iphone there is no indication of a message.  I just called myself and left a test voice mail.  Same thing If I call *86 my voicemail is there but I don't get any notification of a voicemail on the iphone and if I go to the call function and choose voicemail it does not indicate nay new voicemails. 

Labels (1)
Re: Delay in receiving voice mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SARNIE76

Sorry for this delay. We don't want you to miss any important messages. With iPhone 7 devices, you have access to Visual Voicemail. Visual Voicemail lets you view voicemail messages you receive and listen to your messages in any order on your devices. You will need to connect to Cellular Data network in order for this feature to work. Is Cellular Data disabled when you have this delayed voice mail message issue? Are you connected to Wi-Fi when this problem happens? 

Click the link below for more visual voicemail support: 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mtslater
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issue and another forum I found said this:

It appears you're only having an issue with voicemail and not your text messages or other services so it's likely that we just need to reset the mailbox. To do so, please go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset the Network Settings. Your greeting and existing voicemail messages will be unaffected during this process. Once completed, have someone leave you a voicemail to ensure it notifies you right away.

It worked for me.

wendyjo92508
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I had this problem too along with a weird glitch.   Yesterday 2/23/19, I had 3 voicemails delivered all at once.  One was current, the other was from the day before and the third was from 2/5/19.   THAT ONE, said it was from my brother but it was really from a doctor's office.  Would have been nice to get that one on time since I called their office complaining about the "not returned phone call" when they actually had.   Nice trick Verizon!  (Coincidentally the one that was from the day before was from my brother)

I just tried the option of resetting network options as another had suggested.  So we shall see if there are any problems in the future.

bhm22wfd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Within the past two weeks I've experienced the same delayed voicemail issue. I get missed calls but no voicemail. Then several days later I will get the voicemail that was left after the missed call. I've reset the network settings as described above but that didn't solve my problem. I left myself several voicemails today that have not come through.

Please help us solve this problem. Voicemail is very important from a work and personal standpoint!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be just as concerned and frustrated over the delayed messages, bhm22wfd. Two weeks is far too long to be dealing with this. Especially when messages can be so important! 

Do you happen to know if WiFi is ON or OFF when callers are leaving messages? If you have Cellular Data turned OFF and messages are being left, they will not be pushed to your phone until you're connected to Cellular Data. 

Please try toggling WiFi OFF and ON. 

Do you dial *86 [send] to access the mailbox, or do you use Visual Voicemail? 

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
dancinkarma
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also having the same issue. i've reset my network settings to no avail. If I call *86, there are voicemails there, but no notifications on my phone or any way to get the Visual voicemail. I've checked to make sure notifications are turned on, and they are. At random times, I will get a pile of voicemail notifications (badge, actual messages, etc), so I know notifications are working. My data is on, iphoneX software up to date. 

Other ways to troubleshoot? 

0 Likes
sharonvoc

I am having the exact same problem. Missed critical Doctor and ill friend call. Please fix. Network adjustment did not work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dancinkarma, 

It's important to us that you receive your voicemail on time. Thanks for the proactive steps you've taken in troubleshooting this issue. Since the voicemail relies on your data connection, we want to be sure that although it's turned on, the data is working properly and isn't the cause of the trouble. With Wi-Fi turned off on your phone, are you able to browse the internet or use other data-dependent apps you have installed on your phone? So that we can check the coverage in your area, please provide the cross streets to the intersection nearest you and the city you're in.

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want everyone to get their voicemail notifications on time, sharonvoc. We want to help you.

Do you also have an iPhone or another phone? Do you notice if this issue happens when you are not getting our LTE signal? Does this only happen when you are connected to Wi-Fi, so when you are connected to our LTE the notification comes?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes