Deals require a new line
BSMOOTH14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does everyone iPhone Verizon deal require a new line of service? We shouldn’t have to change carriers just to get a phone deal.

Labels (1)
Re: Deals require a new line
intlpotato
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand how that can be frustrating, however phones are expensive and no business will give you a deal without making some money. I left sprint for this reason and have found that it's the same with every cellular company, but Verizon's network is enough to make me stay

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We do have some great offers for our loyal customers as we know that everyone enjoys a new phone. Our current deals offer $100.00 off on upgrading to the iPhone XS or X. If your current phone is in good working and physical condition we also offer the option of a trade in to help offset those costs. Check the value of your device at Verizon Trade In, iPhone Trade In, Samsung Trade In | Verizon Wireless. ​Keeping you in the family is exactly why we created our Verizon Up Rewards. These are a great way to save some device dollars toward future purchases. Learn more at VerizonUp | New Rewards Program by Verizon Wireless.

LorenB_VZW

“ Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Glenhollow1
Enthusiast - Level 1

You still have not answered the question. Why do we need to pay for a new line to get a new phone? Is it just another way to make money? I am single with one phone, so another line is the last thing I need. I've been with Verizon 20 years now, but I am feeling like Verizon is inventing new ways to increase monthly payments. Of course your a for profit business, but it's getting to be ridiculous with the extra fees and requirements to upgrade to a new phone. I also can't imagine why Verizon charges an upgrade fee to a loyal customer. I mean I am using your service, yet you want to charge me an extra fee because I want a new phone. Maybe others are right by getting an unlocked one somewhere else and saving hundred of dollars.

drakus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't forget they charge you tax on it as well.

These new plans are also more expensive than my old unlimited plan.

They are getting more & more greedy.

drakus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Up Rewards is terrible. get better deals or get rid of the junk rewards.

deloused
Master - Level 3

Are you people serious? All companies are in business to make money (profit). They are not charities. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand where you are coming from, Glenhollow1, and I will be sure to share your feedback with my leadership team. In regard to the upgrade fee, this one-time charge is billed as a way to offset the charges the government bills us, maintain and upgrade our excellent network, and continue to offer free services such as troubleshooting through various support channels. This charge is only billed when getting new equipment as opposed to increasing the monthly surcharges by a large amount and many customers continue to use their devices for several years. You can always offset the fee by trading in old equipment. I hope this clarifies the charge billed when purchasing a new device. GregL_VZW

0 Likes