Chat/Trouble ticket for date usage
aab1163

About 3 months ago I started having trouble with data usage. All of a sudden it was through the roof with no explanation. Last month I was watching it every day - and we were doing fine on data. Then three days before the end of the cycle over 5GB in data was used overnight!! Looking at the usage on the phones no one had downloaded anything unusual. Someone from tech support put in a trouble ticket and I was told I would get a call back with their finidings because she agreed something weird was going on. Id di get changed to a loyalty plan so we have extra data. Funny thing is that this month I am now more than half way through the month and have barely used 6GB so far!  BUT - no one ever got back to me to say what was going on AND every time I try to get a chat going with support no one ever comes to the chat.  I feel like the intent in previous months was just to have me pay more for a plan (two months I bought extra data, and every time I talked to support the first thing they tried to do was get me on an unlimited plan) - because now that we have the data all of a sudden it isn't being used!

0 Likes
Re: Chat/Trouble ticket for date usage
bearone21
Legend

fwiw: i recently signed up for go unlimited from a 4g plan & it only added $10 to the bill. now, no more worries about overage.

0 Likes
Re: Chat/Trouble ticket for date usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aab1163,

We appreciate your business and are saddened to see that you’ve had such experiences that cause you to be disappointed with us. Understanding your data usage,  receiving a call back when promised, and being able to chat with us, when needed, are important factors to your customer service experience overall. It’s truly disheartening that we did not follow through with our commitment to look into these concerns and get back to you. Our goal in offering plan changes is to be sure your plan aligns with your overall account usage - which can fluctuate to be higher at times. For privacy reasons, we don't have access to view your exact device activity to confirm usage. Here are some tools that can help to manage and understand your data usage on Apple devices: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206963/.

I’m glad to see that we offered you a Loyalty plan and that your data usage is more in line with your expectations.  Usually, when filing a trouble ticket, updates to the ticket are sent via text message or to your account email address. We can definitely review the ticket to ensure resolution and provide an update.  I have sent you a Private Message. Please respond at your convenience for more personalized assistance.

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes