Changed Apple ID email now my iPhone 4 and iPad won't recognize it. What should I do?
Lauraq95
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently left my job. I changed my email address I was using for my Apple ID as the current one was with my work email. Used it to switch on my iPhone 4 and iPad mini. Worked. Now it is not working or recognizing it on either. Can't use them. Email it's asking for no longer exists. I can't find anyway to reset to my new email address again???? So I can update, use apps, use phone, etc. thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changed Apple ID email now iPhone 4 & iPad won't recognize it
Not applicable

There is another way, however it may not be to your liking.

You can enter the phones settings and do a complete reset. This puts the phone back to brand new state.

You then can go and create another new apple account. in the set up process.

Or you can call Apple http://www.apple.com/contact/

They may be able to assist you. I cannot stress enough that often times the better process is to list two email accounts ( I do this all the time) but select the same password for each login. Much easier.

Hope that helps?

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable
Lauraq95
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you Elector. However I have been up & down, all over that link & still can not find what I need. There has got to be many people out there that have changed there iTunes email address and that the old email address they used for their account no longer exists and now there phone is requesting them to sign in using that old non existent email address that you can't recover. That you can't change it to new email address (new user I'd that is working on my PC) because it requires you to sign in with current used email address first. Which is the non existent one. I'm so frustrated that I'm ready to give up on my apple products. I've been at this on & off for two months & it just keeps getting worse. Countless hours. Thank you so much for trying to help.
0 Likes
Changed Apple ID email now iPhone 4 & iPad won't recognize it
Lauraq95
Enthusiast - Level 1
Updated info: I have been up & down, all over that link & still can not find what I need. There has got to be many people out there that have changed there iTunes email address and that the old email address they used for their account no longer exists and now there phone is requesting them to sign in using that old non existent email address that you can't recover. That you can't change it to new email address (new user I'd that is working on my PC) because it requires you to sign in with current used email address first. Which is the non existent one. I'm so frustrated that I'm ready to give up on my apple products. I've been at this on & off for two months & it just keeps getting worse. Countless hours. Thank you!
0 Likes
Not applicable

There is another way, however it may not be to your liking.

You can enter the phones settings and do a complete reset. This puts the phone back to brand new state.

You then can go and create another new apple account. in the set up process.

Or you can call Apple http://www.apple.com/contact/

They may be able to assist you. I cannot stress enough that often times the better process is to list two email accounts ( I do this all the time) but select the same password for each login. Much easier.

Hope that helps?

Good Luck

0 Likes
Lauraq95
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you again Elector! I will look into both options. And yes. Lesson learned for sure. Lol. Two email address with same password!! 😉  Thanks again!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, Lauraq95! This sounds like it has been a hassle.
As Elector mentioned, you should be able to contact Apple Support to see how they can get the information to be recognized again.
We wish there was more we could do here, but when it comes to Apple ID's, you would need to contact Apple.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lauraq95
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you both for your help! Truly appreciate it! I'll be calling apple. Pay the one time fee. Certainly makes me think twice about buying apple again instead of a samsung or something. 🙂 looking at what to upgrade to next. The iPhone 5 or samsung galaxy 4s or new coming 5s

0 Likes