Cant switch numbers between two active devices.
sdmf03

I recently added my old iPhone 4s to our account, for my daughter. Instead of the new number going on the 4s it went on my iPhone 6. I have tried switching them through My Verizon and it doesn't work. I keep getting an error message. Any ideas???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cant switch numbers between two active devices.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@sdmf03

It’s nice of you to allow your daughter to use your previous iPhone 4S so that she can stay in touch with family and friends. Let’s ensure both devices are activated to the intended lines of service.

When you go into the device settings (Settings > Phone > My Number) for your iPhone 6, does it show your mobile listed as the programmed mobile number? Also check which number displays on the iPhone 4S device? Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sdmf03

The iPhone 6 shows [removed] as the number. The 4s shows [removed] as the number. I just need them switched.

Phone numbers removed as required by the

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Swap the simple cards?

0 Likes
sdmf03

OK. Just got it fixed through Verizons Facebook. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing that additional information. Let work on switching the devices. Do you have access to My Verizon? Here's a link to the steps on how to switch the devices http://tiny.cc/tod69x  and keep us posted.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM cards on a 4S and 6 are different sizes. The 4S needs to be programmed a bit differently being that it is not an LTE device. Would work fine if the 4S was on a GSM carrier, though!

0 Likes