Re: Cannot activate Apple Watch LTE with current plan. Resolution?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
fseth1122, we definitely want to see you able to get your Apple Watch Series 3 activated. Regarding activating this device on a grandfathered plan, sprmankalel is correct as to why you are running into the activation issue. Your current plan was created before devices like this were commonly available, and were meant for one device/line. Please consider one of the newer plans to take full advantage of the feature set that is available through your watch model. You may also connect it through Bluetooth and WiFi as well.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LINBUR3
Enthusiast - Level 2

First, I would like Verizon to train it employees and to admit publicly that it failed to prepare for the iWatch 3. Second, I would like you to waver the connection fee for everyone who is having trouble and has been lied to by your staff. It cost me double what it would of cost me to get a cracked screen fixed. They wanted me to return my phone first. That would of left me without a phone at all.

Linda

ALEWIN38
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to get on the ball here. Clearly they do not know what is wrong and are not fixing it. So I cannot use my watch as intended. I've several friends on other carriers and they are working on it with no problems.

0 Likes
KDalfaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was not marketed/advertised as being compatible with only certain plans- this is why many of us are frustrated and disappointed. We feel scammed. And now we cannot enjoy the Apple-straight-out-of-the-box to use enjoymen they are known for.  Verizon certainly was aware of the incompatibility plan issues ahead of the launch and made a conscience decision not to devise a patch thereby reducing the customer satisfaction ratings of some of your longest and most loyal customers- the ones with grandfathered plans. Come on Verizon, you used to be better than this.

KDalfaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues- my ”plan is incompatible” and before sprmankalel jumps on again, we got it, plan wasn’t meant for multiple devices; but where was the customer education on that? I actually called to verify my compatibility PRIOR to my purchase and was told I would not have a problem. Guess what, now I have a problem. And their resolu is for me to change my plan to now have multiple devices share less data than I am currently paying for; “but don’t worry they have unlimited ava on a lesser network”.  If I wanted a lesser network I wouldn’t have spent the last 20 years being an unwavering Verizon customer paying more than your competitors. I’ve been loyal to you, now it’s time to repay the favor, Verizon.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon doesn't have to advertise any specific device as working or not working with certain plans.

0 Likes
KDalfaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

How much is Verizon paying you to be their bulldog sprmankalel?  

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I gladly point out the truth for free. Consider it my gift to you.

Hegland20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m dealing with the same issue. I’ve read other places that some people have got it to work with their grandfathered plans. However, some of those threads were AT&T people chiming in. But it is sad that AT&T will allow their customers to use their watches on their grandfathered unlimited plans...but Verizon won’t.

0 Likes
VA4Vols
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. I've put this on twitter and everyone should retweet so Verizon takes care of this. We cannot be the only ones. It needs to be seen on social media other than this community. #applewatch3notworkingonVerizon

0 Likes