Can't send vid or pic msg's
BliNk_HaZe

For some reason my phone isn't sending picture or video messages, can anyone help me figure out why?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send vid or pic msg's
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BliNk_HaZe

You have our attention now.  I am constantly sending photos to my friends and I understand how urgent this matter is for you.  When did you start having this issue?  Are you getting any error messages when this occurs? Which iPhone model do you have?  Please provide these additional details to better assist you.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Srcsmiles

Hi, I am also having this problem. I have an iPhone 6. With wifi connected I still sometimes can't send pictures. It does not seem to make a difference what carrier or phone type the receiving phone has because sometimes I can't even send photos to another Verizon phone as well as other iPhones. Do I need data on for this? Even with data on it doesn't always work though... When I try to send a photo it comes up with the error message "not delivered". Please let me know if you can help. This has been this way on and off since I got this phone in June.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Is cellular data turned on?   These cant be sent over wifi unless both phones have iMessages active.

0 Likes
Srcsmiles

Even with data on it doesn't always work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this, Srcsmiles. Have you tried turning WiFi off completely to send a picture? Is this typically sent through iMessage, or do regular picture messages also not go through? When did it last work correctly for you? With a bit more info, we should be able to get the details to resolve this.

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Srcsmiles

Hm well it only seems to work when I have my data on. Even when that's on, it doesn't always go through. I got it to work tonight but only when I had data on and the other person happens to also have an iPhone. I think it's being sent as regular text/picture message rather than iMessage but I'm not sure.I've tried without wifi or data and it doesn't work either. Ive tried to send a picture to a family member who has a galaxy phone and it won't go through even with data sometimes. I just thought I'd be able to send pictures normally with this phone. With my old phone, a "dumb-phone", I was able to send and receive picture messages just fine over text.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It will say if it is text message if it is sending as text, and any text will be green.

For any MMS messages, you must have data on, if you are not using iMessage. MMS messages include video, pictures, group texts, texts with special characters (accents for example), texts with emojis and emoticons.

While you must have data on and it goes through the Verizon data network, it is not charged against your data allotment.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Something is not set up right. Every iPhone I have had seamlessly sends messages and switches between SMS, MMS, and iMessage with no input from me. I leave cellular data on all the time. Do you have a good cellular signal all the time, that could explain the intermittent nature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Srcsmiles Let's solve this puzzle. Weth was right, you do have to have cellular data turned on to send MMS (pictures, group messages, videos, etc.). I would like to see if you are having issues with iMessaging or picture messaging. Could you turn off iMessaging http://vz.to/1IkygMo Here some other helpful steps http://vz.to/1K3JaEj Let us know if this works.
JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes