Can my iPad still be used for wifi if I cancel my data plan?
coreyoreo

Just want to cancel my data plan for my iPad air & just use it for wifi only. Is this possible? If I sell it, can the buyer use it for wifi only?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can my iPad still be used for wifi if I cancel my data plan?
johntr_vzw
Verizon Employee

coreyoreo, I can see why you reached out for some help with this question. Before you do disconnect your tablet, do check with us on what can be done with that data line. If the tablet isn't meeting your needs any longer, maybe we can find a better device that would.

When you disconnect a device capable of data and Wi-Fi like a tablet, it can still make use of Wi-Fi. If the device were sold to someone; they would need to get a new SIM Card for the device before it could use data again. Did I explain that okay?

JohnTr_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
johntr_vzw
Verizon Employee

coreyoreo, I can see why you reached out for some help with this question. Before you do disconnect your tablet, do check with us on what can be done with that data line. If the tablet isn't meeting your needs any longer, maybe we can find a better device that would.

When you disconnect a device capable of data and Wi-Fi like a tablet, it can still make use of Wi-Fi. If the device were sold to someone; they would need to get a new SIM Card for the device before it could use data again. Did I explain that okay?

JohnTr_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
coreyoreo

Thank you, John, you answered my question precisely.

0 Likes