Can an iPhone's text message be sent to e-mail as just text?
maximvsv

I have an iPhone 6S with the latest update to iOS 12.  I occasionally send text messages from the iPhone directly to e-mail addresses, often on Hotmail.  When the messages arrive, the message text has been removed from the message and placed into an attached text file.

The android phones that I have used in the past did not have this complication.  Even my Palm Treo 600p phones did not have any difficulty sending text messages to e-mail.

Is there a way to have the text from the text message go straight to the e-mail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can an iPhone's text message be sent to e-mail as just text?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What messaging app are you using?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
maximvsv

The text messaging is being done from the messaging application in the iPhone. I assume that it is some version of iMessage.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

This may be a question to be posted on an Apple User Forum as it seems to be iPhone/iMessaging related.  I seem to recall another post at some point that described the way iMessages formats the text message when sending to an email address, but can't locate it.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
maximvsv

I saw one about an iPhone re-formatting the text message into an e-mail when sending from phone to phone because of transmission difficulties.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! I see there have been several responses to your inquiry. To make sure we’re on the right path to assist you, are you sending the text messages from your iPhone to an email address using the regular SMS option included with your iPhone or are you using a third-party messaging app downloaded to your device? Please keep in mind that Apple’s internal messaging feature (iMessaging) is used with other Apple device users.  - 

Robert_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
maximvsv

I am using the text messaging application that is included in the iPhone/iOS

0 Likes