Can I still get a discount?
cgreen31

I was able to upgrade in July after my two year contracted ended and never did since my Iphone was in good working order. It is time for me to get a new Iphone. I want to know would I be grandfathered into still get a new phone at a discounted price since my upgrade was available before the contracts ended?

p.s- I am on the more everything plan with 4G of data allowance and unlimited talk and text. My bill is around $107 a month.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I still get a discount?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cgreen31

Getting a new phone is an exciting event! We have some great new savings with our New Verizon Plan. On our 6GB plan and a 16GB iPhone 6s your monthly total would be $107.08 before taxes ($60 6GB of data + $20 line access + $27.08 monthly device payment). On 3GB you would be looking at $92.08 ($45 3GB of data + $20 line access + $27.08 monthly device payment).

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/verizon-plan/
http://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/apple/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Can I still get a discount?
Weth
Legend

You can stay on More Everything and you can get an subsidized upgrade. You do not need to switch to the new My Verizon plan and you do not need to upgrade with a device payment plan. Your upgrade that you had is still good, as long as you stay on More Everything Plan

Having said that, it is in your best interest to look at the new plan and device payments to see which saves you money. Remember, you are paying fully for that phone one way or another. With a contract, payments are hidden in the upfront cost and more per month for the line ($40 instead of $20).

For example, if you do switch to the new My Verizon plan, the Apple iPhone 6S 16 GB will cost $27/month, access fee is $20, and 3 GB is $45. That is only $92/month with no upfront cost.

If you bough a new iPhone for $299 up front, $40 upgrade fee, and continue to pay $50 for 3 GB and $40 access.

After 24 months (the full contract) with the new plan you would pay $2,208. With a contract upgrade you would pay $2,499. So, it is almost $300 cheaper to switch to the new plan, even though you may think you pay more since you are paying full price for the phone. As I said, you pay full price one way or the other. In your case, switching to the new plane makes good sense.

0 Likes