Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,229 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Caller ID Problem! So Annoying!
ADUS50

When I get a phone call from a number that is not stored in my contacts, the caller ID on my iPhone 8 shows as "Wireless Caller" or "Unknown". It never did this before. I need it to display the actual phone number calling me. I am not enrolled in any caller ID services with Verizon. How to I get this to change back to display the number? It's really annoying!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller ID Problem! So Annoying!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to have to deal with an annoyance like this. Getting you the best services possible is imperative. Let's take a deeper look into this for you. Are you on the latest software and applications update?

0 Likes
ADUS50

Yes. All of my software is up to date. I removed all of Verizon called ID services from my account and this is still happening. I really need the numbers calling me to appear for my job. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking that information, ADUS50. I apologize about the inconvenience of numbers that are not stored in your contacts are not showing. Have you tried resetting the network settings on the device, to see if that helps show the numbers? If not, please follow these steps.

Reset Network Settings:

1. Go to Settings

2. Tap General

3. Scroll down and tap on reset

4. Click on reset network settings ( you may be prompted to enter your passcode)

5. your phone will power off and back on.

Keep us updated on if this helps

Cheton_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GRABLA14

You can update caller id from your myverizon website, update takes 72 hours to show

0 Likes
Emcat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I absolutely hate the wireless caller showing up. I bought the phone into Verizon and been on the phone four times it works for a day and then reverts back to the anonymous wireless caller without a number. I’m seriously thinking of just switching away from Verizon and going to another carrier their customer service is pathetic and it has nothing to do with the iPhone it has to do with Verizon. Shame on you for Rison

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Emcat It has been two days since you posted this. This is a community forum so we want to make sure you received the help you needed. It is nice when you see the cell number and not just cellular caller. If you to go settings > app > scroll down to show my Caller ID and make sure it's on. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Eric38
Enthusiast - Level 1

Surprised there isn't a fix online. No one has time to go into the store a fix this garbage. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Eric38,

Unwanted calls are no fun, I completely understand where you're coming from. I regret any inconvenience to you, and I can help you. I'd like to tell you about our Call Filter application. Our new Call Filter application is amazing! It includes spam block, spam detection, caller details, and more. Two different options are available to you, one being free. The other includes more features, and is $2.99 each month (you get a free 10-day trial period, though). The $2.99 option does include Caller ID for all calls. Check out all the details here: http://spr.ly/66081D5P6 If you have an iPhone, you can download it from the App Store. If you have an Android, it will already be located in your applications. Please click on the link I provided to see all the details, and let me know if you have any additional questions.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
cbscam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem nobody knows how to fix it