Block spam text messages from email address?
StarFall
Enthusiast - Level 1

Using an iPhone 5, I receive spam text messages that do not have a number, but that are from an email address that normally/usually change every time. I believe they are being sent to my phone number's email addres (phonenumber)@vtext.com. After receiving the text messages, I block the caller through iOS 7 setting (Contact>i button>Scroll down and hit "Block this Caller"). However, spam keeps coming through.

They are relatively different messages with different formats but are all of similar content.

Any ideas on how to stop the spam or change my phone number email address?

Labels (1)
Re: Block spam text messages from email address?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get SPAM under control pronto StarFall! Please reply to the unwanted messages with word STOP. This should stop further messages, keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Block spam text messages from email address?
dollface63
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a problem on iPhones that has exploded since the last IOS update. These spammers are also able to send you calendar invites and there is no feature to block or adjust setting re: invitations. Apple advises you to remove your calendar. I am furious as I use my phone for my business. Anyhow, my point is that it is not only a problem with Verizon but with all iPhone users. The ones I am receiving appear to be from china and are advertising sunglass sale events. I am considering an android with another carrier like Tmobile to see if things improve that way