Bad reception all of a sudden
extremelyclueless
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have always had excellent reception on our cell phones from our home.  All of a sudden, a few days ago, people call but the phone never rings and goes directly to voice mail, we are cutting out during conversations, and calls are being dropped.  We used to have five solid balls by the Verizon symbol, but now there are only one or two.  How do I report this to Verizon so they can check the nearby towers?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad reception all of a sudden
Jarhead3121
Enthusiast - Level 1

FYI, but I've disabled LTE, and this appears to have addressed my issue so far. Will report back as the day goes on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kelly_49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have an answer, but I'll jump in and hope for a response as I'm having similar issues.  We live in a big city so there is no reason we should not have solid service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Having reliable service is important, indeed! I'm truly sorry to learn that you've noticed a decrease in service in your area. Where are you located (zip)? What level of signal do you have on your phone? What level of signal have you had in the past? Please share detials so we can do all we can to help.
TanishaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Kelly_49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I phone 6. I live in zip code 80104, but work in 80112 where it seems to be the worst. I was in Cheyenne, WY (82002) this week in the down town area and had poor cell (voice) reception there as well. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

extremelyclueless, we want things to get back to the way that it use to be between us. Have you powered your devices off/on since this issue started? How's service when you leave your home?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CluelessMom

I am also having service issues. I upgraded to the I6 & I'm only receiving 2 bars. It's very aggravating. I'm in 60643. And yes I've powered on & off.

0 Likes
Sweetface80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue as well. I noticed that ever since Verizon updated the phone where you can use your data while on a phone call, my phone calls have been horrible. Calls drop, people can hear me on the other end, something's my phone doesn't even ring and when I try to make a call, it will take a good minute to connect and start ringing. Anyone else having this issue since the upgrade?

Sweetface80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue as well. I noticed that ever since Verizon updated the phone where you can use your data while on a phone call, my phone calls have been horrible. Calls drop, people cant hear me on the other end, sometimes  my phone doesn't even ring and when I try to make a call, it will take a good minute to connect and start ringing. Anyone else having this issue since the upgrade?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CluelessMom, thanks for those clues. No issues reported in Illinois. You should have great service in the Chicago land area.  Do you have the iPhone 6 or Samsung Galaxy 6?

Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you have these issues? If so, disable Wi-Fi and connect to our network.

LasinaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sweetface80, we want things to get better for you! Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your device? Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the update on your phone?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes