Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,115 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
BOGO promo and upgrading after 12 months
quanta30

Hello,

Bit of a hypothetical/future situation here:

I recently placed an order for a new Verizon account and 3 lines of service/3 phones. I took advantage of the iPhone XS BOGO promotion.  The BUY was the iPhone XS and the GET was the iPhone XS Max.

I meant to have the $700 promo applied to the XS, not the XS Max. Obviously, its too late to change that, but I was wondering if it is still possible to upgrade the XS Max in 12 months (after September 2019) and still retain the BOGO credits, by  performing the Annual Upgrade on the regular XS to the 2019 iPhone, and then swapping my existing XS Max SIM card with the SIM card in the 2019 iPhone, so that my number is the one that gets the 2019 iPhone Upgrade.

Is this possible, or would that still void the BOGO promo that is on my line/iPhone XS Max?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BOGO promo and upgrading after 12 months
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a good question quanta30. You would have to keep the phone active on the line with the agreement to continue with the promotional credits. Because trade in on the annual upgrade requires a trade in and they are all linked that that device's specific device ID. Does that help clarify?

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

quanta30, 

Upgrading to a new device is always exciting, so congratulations on your two new iPhone Xs and Xs Max. If the iPhone Xs Max that will be receiving the monthly credits, does an early upgrade, it will cancel the promotional credits. You would have to keep the same Device Payment Agreement that is receiving the credits active. Please click here to read the details of the promotion: http://spr.ly/6588D2dqj , please read under "Here's what you need to know" section.

0 Likes
quanta30

Hello Ysensia,

Thanks for your quick response.  If I perform and Annual Upgrade on the line B without the BOGO Promotional credits, and then swap the SIM card between that upgraded phone (line B) and the line with promotional credits (line A), does that still invalidate the promotional credits on line A? No lines of service are being cancelled or transferred out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a good question quanta30. You would have to keep the phone active on the line with the agreement to continue with the promotional credits. Because trade in on the annual upgrade requires a trade in and they are all linked that that device's specific device ID. Does that help clarify?

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bdean602

I do not work for vz and am not 100% on this but I am planning on upgrading one of my BOGO deal phones.  The one that has the credits, needs to stay active and from what the other person said, seems like you have to hold off on upgrading that one until it's "paid" as not to cancel the promo.  You should however be able to upgrade the other w/o any issues.  I am waiting until i'm 50% done with the payments so I I don't have to pay extra, then I am going to upgrade the line I actually pay for, the BOGO promo device will have to wait. Good luck!

@quanta30 wrote:

Hello Ysensia,

Thanks for your quick response.  If I perform and Annual Upgrade on the line B without the BOGO Promotional credits, and then swap the SIM card between that upgraded phone (line B) and the line with promotional credits (line A), does that still invalidate the promotional credits on line A? No lines of service are being cancelled or transferred out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want there to be any confusion with using phones on different lines and promotions. We are here to help.

You can use what ever phone you purchase on any line on your account. Changing which phone you are using on which line would not impact any promotional credit offer.

However, when upgrading you must activate the new phone for the line it was purchased for first. After 24 hours, you can then swap which line with which phone you want to use on them with no issues. 

StevenG_VZW

rayfamily1985

I was just told the opposite. A Verizon customer service representative told me that if I switched phone #s on the plan, my promotional credit would be void. I found this odd because I was given this option online and no reprocussion was made known all the way to the "Finalize" screen. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rayfamily1985,

We want to ensure you receive correct information. What exactly were you looking to change on your account?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Copsta15

Hello,

I got my daughter a new phone on the promotion.  I just went to pay the phone off to decrease my bill and was informed I would lose the promotion dollars if I paid the remaining amount on the phone.  Verizon is holding their customers' hostage.  I'm assuming that stipulation to the promotion was in small print as we were never verbally informed.  I've always been a Verizon customer, but that stipulation really bothers me.  At this point, I'm contemplating paying the difference and leaving Verizon as I don't like being held hostage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be saddened to see you go elsewhere, Copsta15, and I'm sorry this information wasn't relayed to you. This information is disclosed on the promotion itself. Going forward, if you have any questions about a specific promotion, just reach out to us here, or any other medium of communication we offer.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/     JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes