Re: BOGO offer says a lot for Verizon loyalty...
mama23dogs
Legend

So you’ll pay $30 per line, plus sales taxes of about $40~/- per phone in sales taxes to switch 10 lines to a lesser quality carrier?  (That’s $400 +/- up front and an extra $300 on the first bill).  There is no switch offer from ATT.  Their current BOGO requires TV service also.  The BOGO credits don’t kick in for 3 months.  And how much are you paying for line fees?  If your on the More Everything plan with $15 line fees, or the first unlimited offer with $20 line fees, your SERVICE bill will be substantially more. 

Ive said it a hundred times:  Phone offers are to steal customers and make a profit off them, not to save you money.  

(I didn’t even delve into ATT credit pickiness, questionable customer service, Account limits)

0 Likes
LAUCAR30

I am not phone savvy so when I heard the buy one get one for the galaxy S9+ I wanted to jump on the deal. So I called verizon told them I wanted to tale.advanyage of buy on get one. She jumped right on it. Set everything up for me and I was in business. In August I had not seen the bill credit. So I called again. A different rep told me i will have the credit by November. So here I am.

I wall I to the verizon store ready to buy a new phone (assuming) one of the galaxy s9+ would be paid off. O dont like to pay on top any phones at once so I loled to wait until ones paid off. They dont see the credit. So they call. They can see on my account the lady that sold me the promotion, the lady that told me I would be credited in November but now I dont qualify. I had to add a line to qualify. So o ask why I wasnt told that. They had no answer. I asked why the second lady did tell me. No answer. After several reps and a supervisor I was told they will reprimand the reps that gave me false information but ultimately I had to pay for the phones. I asked of they would trade this phone since I have to pay for it i should have the phone i want. I was told no. I was told they would not.do anything to fix the problem but offered to pay payment on the phone. $24.00 they offered after they scammed me out of $1,000.00

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You didn’t think there might be a catch on a $900 phone? 

While the rep did not complete the BOGO offer in a way that provided credits, the offer is not a scam.  its up to you to read the offers and meet the requirements.  All carriers require a new service to make a free or discounted phone a worth while promotion. 

These BOGO offers have been going on since December 2015, almost 3 years.  All are published on the sales pages online or in stores. 

In the end you are not ‘scammed out of $1000’ as you received 2 phones at fair retail cost.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LAUCAR30,

It was never our intention to make you feel as if you were scammed in any way. Our apologies for the confusion regarding this offer.

Let's get this straightened out. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gello1

I totally agree. Promotions and deals for existing customers are pretty rare. The new BOGO deal can allow new Verizon customers to save at least $750 while existing customers can trade-in devices and receive a measly $200 in savings.  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

First of all “customer loyalty” refers to us, no the business.  Loyalty is earned by a business by providing good service.  If you are getting service you paid for that’s all you are due from any business.  If you aren’t happy, go.  But I suggest you do your homework.  The current plans are more expensive than the ones from 4 years ago.   It would cost me $70+ more each month to switch for a BOGO that would save me $58.  And that doesn’t count the activation charges.

0 Likes
reginau_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

gello1,

We certainly understand wanting the best deals possible, and are concerned that you feel that deals are rare for existing customers. The current BOGO offer is actually for both new and existing customers. For example, there are many long time customers that have added a line of service for a family member to benefit from the current iPhone offer. I would love an opportunity to explore any promotions or account offers that best suit you. What exactly are you interested in doing?

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER
@VZWSupport

If my response answered your
question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This
ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your
help with this!!

0 Likes
JeffBW
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have 4 lines and all are out of contract and am in the same situation. hate to leave verizon BUT two free phones are worth at least $1500.00!

i checked Tmobile and the Bogo works with them since moving lines + new phones. AND A $400 credit to bring four new numbers. + free international and free GoGo inflight. i've tried several angles at Verizon but no luck.

so it seems like the best way to get new phones and save is to change companies every two years which seems crazy.

0 Likes
Bbbhowareyou
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add a line and then delete one of the old lines, then swap the devices. It’s called a loopole 

0 Likes
Stickermann

Bit of a similar, but slightly different issue with Verison and their current BOGO offer.  Moved my number to my employer's account a few years ago when my phone died and they offered to purchase a new one.  Now retiring and want to move it to my Verizon account (and keep my number of 20+ years); and was told I could do so and upgrade my wife's i6s using the BOGO ($700 credit on the new line), but needed to have my company release my number.  

I did that and when I tried to move forward was told by the next representitive and her boss that while I was "adding a number to my account, since it was from a Verizon business account (I'd told that to the initial rep) it wasn't eligible, unless I changed my phone number??  Bottom line--If I agree to use a new number (a big pain) I can get a $700 credit on one phone while buying another at full price; but using my existing number I need to pay full price for both?  How does this possibly make sense, and why was I lied to by the first agent--Confused??

0 Likes