Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,078 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
BOGO offer says a lot for Verizon loyalty...
tgrantuic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have a family plan with 7 lines...that's right 7. 

The only reason that I'm in the arena for a new phone is that my current iPhone 7 stopping working.  After hearing of the BOGO offer online I thought "Great! I can get my wife and I new phones." Then I read the fine print.  Not really a deal at all if you're an existing customer.  Maybe the best bet is to jump ship and sign on with a new carrier.  It's a shame though I do like Verizon, but to only offer a legitimate deal for people willing to add a line (and why would existing customers want to add a line?), that's just wrong.

So my question is, has anyone who is an existing customer had any luck talking to Verizon about this deal issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: BOGO offer says a lot for Verizon loyalty...
deloused
Master - Level 3

No, it's the same with all carriers. You can get a BOGO with new lines with At&t/TMobile/Sprint, you'd just have to add lines or switch each time.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If I'm not mistaken Apple continues to have to approve the type of offers presented and as mentioned the offer that Verizon currently has is the same with the other major carriers. You can check other retailer offers (Best Buy has a gift card offer with device trade in and so does Target for example). Check as it gets closer to the holidays also if you can wait that long...deals often pop up then also

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

tgrantuic wrote:

It's a shame though I do like Verizon, but to only offer a legitimate deal for people willing to add a line (and why would existing customers want to add a line?), that's just wrong.

Why would an existing customer want to add a line? Has your account ALWAYS had 7 lines, or has it increased to 7 lines over time? If it has increased to 7 lines over time, I suppose you have answered your own question.

If not, existing customers would want to add a line when their families become larger. When someone gets a significant other, they go from 1 line to 2 lines. When they have children old enough to have phones, they go from 2 lines to 3 lines, 4 lines, etc...

When I first started my account, I had 2 lines for my wife and I. When my oldest daughter turned 12 or 13, I added a line to get to 3 lines. A couple of years later, I added a 4th line when my youngest daughter needed a phone. Some people add their parents to their account which could be an additional 1 or 2 lines. There are MULTIPLE reasons why an existing customer would want to add a line.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your loyalty means everything to us, tgrantuic. We would be sad to see you go elsewhere for a new phone. I am happy to review your options for a phone. Please check your private messages so we can get started.

Tracy_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANAOHA44
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey verizon customer rep, I’m in the same situation as I am already looking into AT&T. Can you give me options? I have 10 lines

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Just to be clear, this is the same promotion with AT&T. Only difference is that if you switch you’ll be a new customer and can do this promotion. But the next time youre ready to upgrade you will be in the same boat. Most of the promotions Bogo require that one of the lines be new...especially with extremely popular or new device releases. i Say this not as a Verizon customer which I am but as an AT&T employee that works on the DIRECTV side but has extensive interactions with the sales and promitions for AT&T mobility due to the ability for those sales to help booster DTv participation and with the right plans additional discounts on the DTv side. Just something to keep in mind. You can always check for upcoming promotions. Usually around Thanksgiving you start seeing all of the providers with more promos. ThEn those that participated in this promo are upset because the holiday ones are better. Happens every time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to see you leave the Verizon family. We certainly want to find the perfect promotion for you. Are you looking to upgrade your lines? What devices were you interested in upgrading to?

0 Likes
ANAOHA44
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got the XsMax by upgrading one of my lines, the thing is I don't need another line and that is the thing with BOGO, you need to add a new line and I have 10 already vzw_customer_support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANAOHA44

Congratulations on your upgrade to a new iPhone Xs Max device. The Buy One, Get One Free deal does require that you add a new line of service. As a result, you may upgrade to a new device on one of your existing lines. However, the free device must be purchased on a new additional line of service. I hope that this information addresses your concerns. 

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes