Apple watch cellular service cost?
ERIRUB50

I have a current iphone8 with a Verizon number.  If I buy an Apple watch, would it cost me more to have cellular service on the watch?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apple watch cellular service cost?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. Connected Device Plans | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
reginau_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Understanding the costs involved with adding an Apple watch is key, ERIRUB50. It's great to see that you are interested in purchasing an Apple Watch, I am happy to help address any concerns. There is a $10/month charge for the service to be added to your plan.

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This
ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Smwknits
Enthusiast - Level 2

It sure will cost more. I added a Series 4 Apple watch yesterday, and the actual total increase is $14.83.  That's 48.3% of the quoted $10 cost.  I don't know why surcharges and taxes add up to so much. I spoke to at least three people on the phone yesterday, none of whom could explain why the fees. I live in New York State, which partly explains high taxes etc.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hope you are enjoying your Apple Watch, Smwknits. 

Your bill will include any applicable state and local taxes and Verizon Wireless surcharges. These charges are in addition to your plan's monthly access charge and the monthly charges associated with any optional services you subscribe to.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wireless-service-checklist-faqs/#item6

Are these the charges you are referring to? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
canyon1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You also failed to mention the activation fee. $40?

rempson
Contributor - Level 1

For the record, if you have a regular Apple watch without it's own cellular service, it doesn't cost anything.  It connects via bluetooth to my Iphone and all functions work the same, as long as I am within range of my Iphone. I can have my phone in my purse when I am out and about and always have service to my watch to accept calls, read texts, weather and such.  Siri is also on my watch.

If you want to leave your phone at home and have your watch with fully functionable cellular service, then yes you do need a watch that can accept cellular service.  It is an additional $10 charge from Verizon, with taxes and fees added to that line.

Hope this helps. 

MadAsHell3078
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well Verizon... you are doing me and my family dirty! My husband and I have had our watches for 8 months, and we have been being charged $40 a month for unlimited, instead of the meager $10 you speak of. 2 watches over charged $30 plus tax for 8 months is a whopping $480 plus tax. You all have some explaining to do... 😡

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how it would be a concern to be charged a different amount than what is being quoted here. We want to help. As this requires account information we have sent you a Private Message. 

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
DECHOD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know how you feel MadAsHell3078! I've been a Verizon customer when it was GTE, over 20 years ago, and they have always charged way more than the quoted price! If the price quoted is $10, for example, you'll most likely pay double that or more. Let's see, monthly fee, surcharge, local tax, state tax, activation fee, monthly access fee, and probably more than I can't remember.

We pay over $300 a month for cell phones and yet less than half that much to power all of our home every month! I think we've been ripped off long enough but there is the concern that all the other carriers either charge as much (hidden fees) or don't have very good coverage or customer service. Speaking of which, Verizon used to have awesome customer service but not no more.