Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Troubles (Apple Store Direct Purchase)
STEVEstojan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, my watch is paired fine to my phone. The point here is I bought the LTE version so I could use it without that....

I tried the “step” in the link you put no less that 20 times. I say “step” and not “steps” as I can’t get passed the first step. Once I click “set up cellular” and put my password in, it says “Something went wrong. Sorry we can’t add this device at this time. Please try again later or the account owner can call 800.922.0204 for more information.”

The Apple “expert” as you read in my last post was anything but an expert. He took very minor information and that was it.

My biggest concern is that there is no IMEI listed under the watch in the My Verizon page, despite me having provided it numerous times both here and on the phone. Also, the DEVICE ID is the only thing listed (the number that starts with 8914) on the My Verizon page, but this number doesn’t match ANY number on the watch box, in settings, anywhere. In fact, the number I have starts with 8904, which I shared with the tech last night.

[removed], I have nothing to lose posting this info here. So this is all the info on the watch settings:

IMEI: [removed]

ICCID: No SIM

EID: [removed]

MEID: [removed]

SEID: [removed]

HELP!!!

Profanity and Device information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
pjfla

Hey STEVEstojan, I am in the EXACT same situation as you (and apparently as equally frustrated).  I'll keep you posted w any progress I find.  Please do the same, if not too much trouble.  I was on the phone w VZW and Apple for more than 5 hours yesterday.  Went to VZW this am and no one can help.  They told me to return the watch because its defective.  Kind of unlikely.  Waiting for a resolution too.

0 Likes
Jbeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same problem. I asked the rep

I spoke with to start a new ticket so that I get notified when it’s fIxed.  They said they can’t create a new ticket because it’s a known issue and they don’t notify customers of fixes but that I should try again in a week.

Seriously. So Verizon doesn’t know when it will be fixed and can’t notify affected customers when it is.

I’m supposed to just keep trying every now and then. Eventually it will magically fix Itself? I’ll know it’s fixed when it works. What if there is another issue? i won’t know it.

0 Likes
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

@STEVEstojan and @pjfla, please include me in the group of those keeping each other posted.  My buck has been passed to Apple who is supposed to call me in 30 min.  I don't expect resolution.

I wonder if the Database holding our Verizon device registration information might be corrupted, and that this is why our activations constantly fail.  (For the record, I am a CS professor and my specialty is in Database systems)  This would require someone on the Verizon side to look at the DB data manually and I don't know how to find the admin there that would have the authorization to do that.  But it might be worth sharing some additional info about how and when we placed orders to see if there is a common thread that could be shared with Verizon.  Me, I preordered the Apple Watch at the same time as an iPhone 8 plus over the phone back on 9/15, and the agent I spoke to immediately upgraded my plan to an Unlimited plan since my previous plan was not set up to work with the Apple Watch.  Lots of DB transactions there that could have been flawed.

0 Likes
pjfla

Ill def keep you posted.

0 Likes
Jbeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apple just released 11.0.1. I'm installing and will let you know in a few minutes if that works.

STEVEstojan
Enthusiast - Level 2

The release notes don’t mention the Apple Watch, but thanks for being our guinea pig Smiley Happy Let us know!

0 Likes
Jbeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

No dice. The 11.0.1 had no impact. I also looked for a watchOS update. There was none.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FALLINGSTAR76,

I'm glad you are now able to use your watch but it certainly shouldn't have it's own phone number. It should be sharing the number with your phone. When did this start? Is the number assigned to it a number that is familiar to you?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pjfla

Should it show as a different # in My Devices?

0 Likes