Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Troubles (Apple Store Direct Purchase)
sacbut34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any word or updates on the troubles being experienced by those trying activate Apple Watch Series 3 w/ LTE purchased through Apple directly? There seems to be some difficulty getting this done and Verizon issued a tech bulletin this morning alerting their support teams of the issues...

Labels (1)
Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Troubles (Apple Store Direct Purchase)
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

sacbut34​,this is not the experience that we wanted you to have with your Apple Watch.  As  rcschnoor​ mentioned, there are current activation issues for the  pre-order devices and the IT team is currently working on a resolution.

I will keep you updated when resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

yarelim_vzw

brianfstew77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm kind of disappointed in Apple with this.  Got mine today from Verizon as a preorder and LTE connectivity stinks.  Works fine when I'm in my house walking around but as soon as I walk outside it disconnects and wont do anything.  Hopefully they get a fix out asap

0 Likes
geneous
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having activation problems. After 4 phone calls, the run around, and several hours on the phone with Verizon, I was told that my grandfathered unlimited plan is no compatible with numbershare. This was not mentioned in any of the advertisements I saw for the watch — I'm sure its buried in some fine print somewhere, but what gives?

Imboogie

I was able to activate fine, but I have yet to see a connection on my watch to LTE.  hopefully the fix comes before the end of the 3 free months.

0 Likes
STEYIM42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven’t been able to activate.  Says to try again later or call an 800 number.  Any recent alerts from Verizon on the activation issue?

BILLYBENTEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m having the same issue. I get a notification that I am unable to setup and try again later or to call Verizon’s 800 support number. I preordered my watch through Verizon.

CrappleUser

I pre-ordered mine through Verizon and it‘s out of commission as well.

0 Likes
geneous
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do Verizon employees ever answer threads here or is it purely community support?

0 Likes