Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Troubles (Apple Store Direct Purchase)
lando13
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem Smiley Sad. Called Telesales and they are unable to resolve yet. They are going to give me a call back later today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kocab, we want your luck to change. Did you complete these steps to activate that watch?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215347/

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kocab

Thanks. No.

What did work was calling and speaking to a fourth customer service rep. He understood the activation process.

It took him about 20 minutes to undo the mis-configuration that the other three reps had done. (Which included linking two additional numbers to my phone which had made my phone stop being able to make calls btw.)

He then had me unpair my watch, reboot it, and then everthing just worked.

Apparently the issue, at least in my case, is that the customer service reps have not been fully trained on the process and are trying to do it anyhow. I was so happy to speak with someone who knew how to activate an Apple watch.

My advice right now is to keep trying until you get someone who knows the process.

0 Likes
SHATAN31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here. Been trying to resolve for 3 days. Been to apple store and called Verizon 4 times. No resolution. Juan_vzw responded to my post saying he would PM me to help Resolve.....3 hours later and no response. I was assured by apple that the problem is with Verizon and i believe it due to their terrible customer service.

0 Likes
KCN9940

vzlogo_lg.pngpixel-2-Homepage-desktop.png

0 Likes
STEHEL65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Activation issue continues on Oct 31. Why is it taking so long to come up with a fix? Spent 5 hours on phone yesterday with three Verizon support people (including 1 level two). Got cut off with that person after an hour of repeating steps. Received text apologizing for cut call and would hear back shortly. About an hour later received another text stating a ticket had been opened on the issue. Checked back to make sure ticket information was accurate (it was). Asked tech when he thought I might hear something back he guessed 24-72 hours. He did not seem overly optimistic on resolution. I waited several weeks for watch, hate to have to return it.

I realize that line activation is Verizon not Apple. However they were able to get my wife's iPhone 8 activated at time of purchase. Apple and Verizon must set up the process of setting cellular up before leaving the store!

0 Likes
Oroppas

I have spent an unbelievable number of hours trying to troubleshoot activation of my AppleWatch Series 3 (Hermes edition, purchased directly from Apple).  It has been almost a month since I purchased the watch - and countless number of calls with Apple and Verizon (most of the time, a triage between two of them and myself).  Verizon has taken a number of positions from "the watch is defective" "there is no active SIM" "The watch ID Is not listed in Verizon database"..... 

Whenever (like all the 12 times we attempted it to date) we try to setup cellular, I get "Something went wrong.  Sorry, we can't add this device at this time..." error message. 

In the meanwhile, Apple Support has escalated the case to their top tier techs and we have run a full diagnostics.  They determined that the device is functioning as designed and the activation issues are due to Verizon's system.

I am so disgusted by the whole experience.  I cannot believe the time suck this has been.  And I was offered $20 for the "inconvenience".  Not cool.  Not cool at all.

I am seriously considering switching my service.  My friend has the same watch, bought from Apple - and it's working on her T-mobile network just fine.

0 Likes
POGGI747

Ticket#[removed]

When is this going to be resolved? I am two days out of my return window for my apple watch 3.So now am stuck with a wifi only watch. Why is this problem only with Verizon? Second thing; I changed my plan to the 5g last week. Am still on the M4 plan, who switched it back? What is going on at Verizon? Reading these posts, there are so many people having issues connecting their Apple Watch 3. I have the iPhone X.

The tech I talked to yesterday said the would have a fix for me, and call me back same day. I got 1 text from him saying he’s working on it. That was the last message. Getting very frustrated with Verizon.

Ticket information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Messade edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
SCOMCP74

I am feeling your frustration and don't have much to add except I am having the same experience as many.  I have an iPhone X and during the activation process all seems to be going along well.  I am able to log into Verizon and it confirms that my Verizon plan allows for activation.  I then select to activate and get the dreaded 800 number.  What's even more bizarre (and frankly horrible customer service) is that the 800 # provided is not even for consumers.  It's for employees or other agents.

I just recently switched from AT&T and am regretting it already.  I used this same watch with AT&T and the activation was a piece of cake....no issues.  And yes, of course, when I switched to Verizon I did a total reset of the watch to factory. 

Buyers of the Apple Watch 3 LTE paid a hefty premium to have the cellular feature many, including me, cannot use with Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Poggi747, congrats on your new iPhone X and Apple iWatch purchase. I regret to learn of the difficulties you have been experiencing with activating your watch. This is never the experience we want you to have. When we file a network ticket with our engineers, it may take up to 5 business days for the ticket to be resolved. Once the ticket has been resolved, you will receive a text and email informing you the ticket has been completed and resolution information.

In addition, we want to ensure you are on the correct plan for your usage needs. Just to clarify, can you verify which plan you requested to be switched to? In review of our plans, I am not showing we offer a 5GB plan. After our 4GB New Verizon Plan, the allowance jumps to 8GB for $20 more.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes