Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jemoner We know you are anxious to get your watch working. Please answer a few qualifying questions.What iPhone will you be pairing this watch with? What software is on the watch? What calling plan do you have? DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JEMONER

I am using a iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 11, the Apple Watch has watchOS 4. I have the unlimited family plan. The problem isn’t the software or the devices it’s hat Verizon is still unable to fix the “switch” issue. I have multiple tickets apparently and yet nothing has happened.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JEMONER,

We do want you to have that watch up & running as it should be. Just a quick question, was this watch purchased Verizon (online, store) or directly from Apple?

ChristinaM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I now have tickets opened with both Apple and Verizon.  My Apple contact thinks the problem lies with Verizon.  Yesterday, we spend roughly an hour accumulating video and log data while pairing the watch to my phone so that Apple engineers can isolate exactly when activation failure occurs.  I guess they want to use this data to prove to Verizon that the problem is on their end to get them to stop sending people to Apple and to stop them from telling people that their watch is defective.

Next Friday will be 14 days with the device for me, so I am strongly considering returning the device by then to satisfy Verizon's return window.  Currently, my watch is equivalent in functionality to the 1st generation watch that I gave to my wife and which I hardly ever used, so it doesn't seem to be worth keeping.  Maybe I'll go to a Verizon store in a few months when presumably all of this will be figured out and the watches aren't on backorder anymore and buy another provided that they can get it working before I leave the store.

0 Likes
LINBUR3
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a Verizon issue. They finally got mine to work. Contact BBB. Make Verizon take responsibility.

linda

0 Likes
Techlvr

Hi,The watch was ordered through Verizon on line store.John

0 Likes
Techlvr

How very Frustrating! I never stopped to think that I would be having this issue. The only reason I bought it was because of the LTE connectivity.I have 2 tickets open.....John

0 Likes
CHAKMAKFAM

I'm having a similar problem.

Apple Watch 3 (ordered directly from Apple)

iPhone 6sPlus

Running iOS11 (all updates)

Ran through the activation screens and the Verizon screens to activate account. Said it was successful. Later on I tried to make a call and found the no sim situation.

My Verizon account seems to have all the current activation information including which phone the watch is paired with. I can see the billing information and all the watch specific numbers.

This is very disappointing.  I would think that on Activation Verizon would try to call up the watch and verify that it could talk to the sim that is built in...and report an error if it can't connect.

Considering all the chatter online about this this is quite the $#!+$#0w

Armen Chakmakjian

0 Likes
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

As with others who have posted here, solving this problem seems to require persistent calls to Verizon, escalating to tech support and then asking for someone who has seen this problem with other customers and is not dealing with this for the 1st time with you.   This weekend, after more than a week of no cellular activation, I finally reached someone who said that the problem seemed to be with watches ordered early on that were connected to NumberShare (which automatically forwards calls to your watch from your phone) prior to being activated.  This required doing what he called a "rebuild of the order" starting from scratch.

Interestingly, he then proceeded to hand me off to someone from the Activation team, who tried in numerous ways to do this for me and then apologized when she couldn't make it work for me.  But after getting off the phone with her, I paired my phone again with my watch and got connected.

Short summary:  1)  the problem is definitely with the carriers, 2) call persistently until you reach someone who understands the problem.

- Mitch

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a new device should be exciting, CHAKMAKFAM. Let's get to the bottom of this. As you're seeing a no SIM card error message, are you able to locate the SIM in the device settings? Here's a link with steps: http://spr.ly/658184gkt

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes