Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
BILLYBENTEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am continuing to have the same issues. I have Given up on thinking the issue will be resolved any time soon. this Is extremely frustrating. I was told to have patience, but I’ve had the watch since Friday and still am not able to use it on LTE. When will a patch be released by Apple to fix the issue??

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

This new watch has an eSIM card.

https://www.imore.com/apple-watch-3-faq

One wonders if it's even replaceable. I hardly think so...

Speculating: if the problem is with the eSIM card, I imagine a software update or "patch" is going to be a very difficult thing to pull off. Since this seems so pervasive across carriers, don't you think they would have rolled out a SW update by now to address the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cquesnel13, we want to make sure you're able to activate and use your Apple Watch as intended. I welcome the opportunity to assist. Were you able to complete activation? If not, have you confirmed that both Voice & Data are Enabled for LTE on your iPhone's Cellular Data Options? Please also try connecting to WiFi on the watch and then access the watch Settings>General>About screen and see if you have an option to update your carrier settings. Once updated, you should be able to set up cellular as follows: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215386/. Keep us posted with your results.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

stef7 wrote:

Since this seems so pervasive across carriers, don't you think they would have rolled out a SW update by now to address the problem?

This of course assumes a fix has already been completed and is ready to be rolled out...

stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes, assuming they have a software fix...

Supposedly, some people have not had much difficulty activating, while some have. If that assertion is true, for a new out-of-the-box device, across carriers, this suggests to me the issue is not software, but rather hardware-related.

In a complex / highly miniaturized device like an Apple Watch 3-series, it's going to be problematic to program one's way around a HW issue.

They already have tear-down videos on the web. This device looks like a challenge to "service".

I guess if I had purchased one of these devices and could not activate it with Apple's or Verizon's help (when others have been successful), then I'd strongly consider returning the device, and re-purchasing when they got the bugs worked out.

Sometimes it's advantageous not to be an early adopter.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

stef7 wrote:

I guess if I had purchased one of these devices and could not activate it with Apple's or Verizon's help (when others have been successful), then I'd strongly consider returning the device, and re-purchasing when they got the bugs worked out.

I would certainly agree with this.

0 Likes
ANTEST68

That's correct, as verified from a high level Apple support advisor. This new Sim is activated by the Carriers. My issue seems to stem from Verizon not being able to properly switch the numbers, as the watch comes with a 'dummy' number and needs to share with my iphone. I have been informed that the engineering request ticket is being worked on and will be done by 7pm EST. At that point, I've been assured that I will be able to activate my Watch...again.

It's really weird that it was activated once on Monday and the next morning was de-activated by itself!

The iPhone and iPad had a new update last night. Sadly none for the Watch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see you were having issues with the activation of your Apple Watch, ACOOK7409. I'm sure you just want it on your wrist at this point.  Are you still having issues with it or were you able to go to the store?

http://spr.ly/65878NSAf apple watch*

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pinkieboo_ICU

To anyone having any issues with their apple watch saying no SIM, this is what I did and now it works perfectly.  After pairing your apple watch to your iPhone, and syncing your apps, you need to restart both the apple watch and the iPhone.  I did this and now my apple watch says connected to my verizon plan.  It no longer says no sim.  To anyone having issues, please try that. 

0 Likes
DENBRA73

when I first went to activate and pair my device, everything seemed to be successful EXCEPT cellular data. I kept getting that same message. I paired and unpaired my devices many times with no luck. After looking online, I found that there was a Verizon update that was needed. You can find it in Settings>General>About: then wait several seconds and if you haven’t done this already, an option to select “Update“ should pop up automatically. Once updated, go to your watch settings>General>scroll to bottom>  select reset. Factory reset your watch. While this is processing, close out of the watch app on your phone completely by double clicking your home button and swiping the app away. Once your watch restarts it will refresh with this update you just processed. When it prompts you go back through to pair the devices, the cellular data should auto connect. you Won’t have to manually add or sign into anything.

0 Likes