Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
pjfla

Thanks for the update. I’m in the exact same spot. Vzw says they can see my SIM so it must be an Apple issue. Kind of hard to believe though.

0 Likes
CrappleUser

its true... Apple messed up. For the watches that say “no sim” and nothing will activate at all... it’s that the SIM microchip inside the watch is defective. The only option is to exchange it. 4 days and 12 people later... that’s what it is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CrappleUser, making sure you can use your new device is a must. Is the Watch connected to Wi-Fi? http://spr.ly/65838NZeV. Is your mobile phone set to HD Calling? http://spr.ly/65858NZeX. Are you able to walk through the Watch App setup? http://spr.ly/65868NZek

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iagermeister
Enthusiast - Level 2

@CrappleUser I don't think this is accurate.  My  watch showed "No Sim" prior to the steps that were taken (outlined in my previous post(s), which were successful in activating it.

0 Likes
pjfla

Hows this for service... After nearly 6 hours on the phone with Verizon and Apple yesterday - without resolution - I decided to go into a VZW store.  Guy took 60 seconds to look at my account and said, "can't help you - you need to go to a VZW corporate store."  So... I go to a VZW corporate store.  Guy there says, "something wrong with your watch.  Nothing we can do here.  You need to return it to Apple."

Watch is still saying "no SIM" and when I try to activate, get the "Something went wrong - try later or call Verizon."  $650 and 4 days later, not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that this has been a hassle for many of our customers. With regard to the watch let's make sure you have the cellular version of the device. Does the watch have a red dot on the digital crown? If so, that is the correct one for cellular service. If it does not you have the WiFi only version. I hope this helps with your concerns.

JasperM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pjfla

Is this a joke? After spending $650 and trying to activate since Saturday, I think I would know if it has cellular. Did you even read my posts? Ive talked with VZW for hours. If it wasnt a cellular enabled device, wouldnt they have noticed by now too?

0 Likes
JEMONER

Just got off the phone with Verizon and my switch ticket is still stuck so my Apple Watch has not activated I asked him to undo everything that weren't waiting for to do or wait for the switch and start fresh maybe with a new number to see if it works for tech-support representative told me that they can't do anything.  It's getting real frustrating that Verizon is unable to resolve the issues of these Apple Watch activations

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

How long do you have to return the device? Based on Apple admitting the device may fail to attempt to switch to a cellular connection in preference of an un-authenticated WiFi AP without Internet connectivity, I would personally wait till they get the activation and connectivity issues fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I absolutely understand how frustrating this mush be, pjfla. We want to do everything possible to help. I certainly understand how mundane that question may seem, but we need to be as thorough as possible, and assumptions often lead to missed details. I want to double-check a setting within your phone, that has been seen to fix some connectivity/activation troubles with the watch. Can you go to settings> Cellular> Cellular data options> Enable LTE, then make sure it is set to "Voice and Data". Please let us know once the phone is set to this setting.

LeoL_VZW

0 Likes