Apple Music won't verify, ESIM is not the issue.
GillianHHI
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had Apple Music on 3 devices plans for 5 months now (play more unlimited), one of the 3 phones will not activate Apple Music. All 3 devices have their own Apple ID, and none have an ESIM. I spent hours on the phone with Verizon, even had them linked into my phone to see what happens remotely and they couldn't fix it. They sent me to Apple, who, after multiple hours on the phone concluded that the issue is with Verizon. Apple can see that I have a plan but they can not control the activation through Verizon apparently. Verizon has had me cancel and reinstate Apple Music multiple times now, and every time I get to the part where you click the link to activate the account I am taken to a page where I can sign up to pay. I activated the other two accounts without issue, I don't understand what is happening here, it's so frustrating!!

0 Likes
Re: Apple Music won't verify, ESIM is not the issue.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to see that you are having issues using Apple Music with one of your lines, GillianHHI. You mention that you have contacted Apple and us and the issue continues after hours of troubleshooting. Are you by chance using the same Apple ID on a different device?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
GillianHHI
Enthusiast - Level 1

Each device has it's own Apple ID, the phone in question has a SIM card so that's not the issue either. I have also update the phone, and reset the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GillianHHI, it is odd to hear that this has been occurring. I know you mentioned reaching out to our tech support team as well as Apple. May we ask what steps our tech team did with you? Was a ticket ever submitted to our IT team? We would not want you to do double the work.  

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
Chad73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue and done pretty much the same steps. Tech support has tried and I've talked with Apple.  Verizon sends me a new text and I try it says the subscription is being used with a different ID.  My other phone has a different apple ID so not sure where the issue is but it's so frustrating. 

0 Likes
Caro81

Did you ever get this sorted? It’s been a while so I’m assuming you did.  I spent hours trying to find the solution to my daughter’s Apple Music not working after she switched Apple ID’s. Apple had to unlink any previous Apple ID’s used with that Verizon subscription.  Apparently, a new Apple ID doesn’t automatically override the old one and it keeps your account from activating with a new Apple ID.  Seems Verizon uses your phone number to activate Apple Music but Apple Music takes that number and links it to an Apple ID and if said number was previously linked to another ID it won’t allow the process to go through. After a few back and forth with both companies Apple unlinked the previous ID from the account and I was finally able to activate Apple Music on my phone. But what a pain it was. 

0 Likes