Apple Music linking issues
Jengoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have 5 lines (all iPhone XR, almost two years old with updated OS) and they have had Apple Music for almost a whole year. We had issues with our Verizon plans and everything had to be reset. Four of the lines went back to normal correctly.  Fifth line won’t log back into Apple Music.  I have done everything mentioned in these forums, spent hours chatting with Verizon AND Apple (each say it is the other companies fault), paid an additional $9.99 in order to see if I could switch an individual plan to a Verizon plan.  Multiple issues:

1) Verizon shows nothing wrong with our account. It shows all 5 lines have active and free Apple Music.

2) on my end in the app, the fifth line says “device is not compatible.” 

3) on my end on the website, it says fifth line has plan but is costing me $9.99 a month.

4) When I log into Apple Music, it says “your plan comes with Apple Music” but then I get a notice that “this carrier account does not have an active subscription.”

5) and last but not least, when I call Apple - they says her Apple ID and phone number are not linked together and that neither the phone number or Apple ID have an Apple Music plan.

I have chatted for hours today and they can no longer help - suggest calling Verizon. Every time I call, I get all the way through all the prints only to be hung up on.  I now have a scheduled phone call from Verizon but the earliest is four days from now!

What do I do now?

C218C0AC-702E-4ED8-821E-2806F3B693BB.jpeg

C026CB50-D5B0-44FE-8203-11C1CE047E8F.jpeg

EAB15FC6-E28F-4DE1-91DE-5F04EDAEBE93.jpeg

8E4E574D-4FC3-4098-9ECE-69272F01376D.jpeg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apple Music linking issues
CDUKE84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just went through this issue today, and while my solution may not be ideal, it worked. The reason I lost access to VZ Apple Music, was because I tried to link it to a different AppleID. The first rep advised that I unenroll (which I later found out was not a good move). After two days of fumbling, we were able to get it to work by adding a line to the eSIM. Once the eSIM line had the appropriate plan, we were then able to setup Apple Music under the new number.

I am of the belief that if you unenroll the line, there's no way of re-enrolling it. The issue is not so much attached to the AppleID (or so it seems) as it's attached to the phone line. Luckily I had a patient representative that was able to assist me (2 hour call).

The only reason I opted for the add a line (eSIM) option is because I wanted a local number, so this option allowed me to kill two birds with one stone. Once I had everything squared away, we set the old number to deactivate at the end of my billing cycle. Again, I know this may not be an ideal solution, but it worked.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to take a look at your account and see what's going on. Please, Private Message us anytime for a live agent to take a look. - Nick

0 Likes
Jengoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do I do that here on this site?   I spent hours chatting with someone yesterday.

0 Likes
Jengoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I called and still nothing is fixed!

1 - Verizon says it is Apple’s fault.  Said everything is set up on their end correctly and yet, oddly enough it shows her “free with plan” charging us $9.99.  But that is Apple’s fault.

2 - Apple says it is Verizon’s fault.  Said their system shows Verizon canceled the Apple Music Subscription yesterday and it is all “greyed out” so they cannot do anything to change it. So that is Verizon’s fault.

3 - Meanwhile, no one can do anything to fix it.  She literally had Apple Music on her phone yesterday morning and now - something is so messed up and no one can own up to it or fix it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jengoy, you can Private Message us here for live agent support, along with our Facebook and Twitter handle. Let me know if I can be of assistance. - Nick

0 Likes
Jengoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is still happening.  Last week, I just went ahead and subscribed for a paid Apple Music Subscription even though we should not have to pay for it.  I even went in and changed her plan to the Get More Unlimited 5G UW and it still does not work.  It will not link her apple ID to her VZW line. 

And quite honestly, I am tired of trying.  Every time I try to get updates from VZW, I get a person who has no clue what is going on and I am to explain the issue all over again - ridiculous.  And then they tell me I need to contact Apple - it is NOT Apple's fault...

I have asked VZW to completely re-do her line, like rebuild it all over again (because there are clearly issues inside her phone account/line since I can't change some settings I should be able to change), and I am told "that is the absolute last resort."  I would think that having an unfixed issue for two months would be reason for using the "last resort."

Johanav

I have the exact same issue on my line as well.. how were you able to reset your other lines? I have tried calling both Apple and Verizon as well and I haven’t had any luck with either one. Thank you 

0 Likes
Jengoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

All the other lines on our account (there are four) are listening to Apple Music free of charge and never had any issues.  It is just this one line.

And since I am able to pay Apple Music for it and she has no issues, clearly it is not their fault and there is nothing wrong with the Apple ID..  Apple says their info shows VZW canceling the Apple Music subscription and there is nothing Apple can do about it.

There are a couple of men with VZW who know exactly what is going on and they were reaching out to me once or twice a week with updates, they know it is an issue with VZW - but I cannot reach them at all.  I always get some random person who knows nothing and who asks me to start from the beginning.  So I’m done.   Apparently, it won’t be fixed till we switch carriers.

0 Likes
Jengoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

And you want to know something funny?  This is an apparent problem with VZW. You scroll through all these forum posts and there dozens and dozens of people asking for this to be fixed and it goes back over a couple years.  And yet, VZW acts as if you are the one and only person with this problem.  One would think they would have realized this is their issue and they would have fixed it by now OR at least acknowledge the problem is theirs and not Apple’s......

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johanav, we would like to help resolve your issues with Apple Music on us not linking to your phone. We've sent you a private message to further assist. Thank you.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes