Anyone else fall for the BOGO iPhone 8 deal Dec 2017?
DMOOR582
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told by multiple Verizon reps on the phone, both before and after my purchase, that if I added a new line with an iPhone 8, I got another iPhone 8 for free.  I didn't believe it; I knew there would be strings attached.  So, I called several times to confirm before we purchased.  And then I called right after I made the purchase to confirm.  We even had to go into a store to pick up one of the phones because of a shipping issue and confirmed in person that we qualified for the BOGO free.  Well, we fell for it.  It was a lie....

It's now May, we have been charged for both phones for 5 months.  I have called every single month and been told that they will start to apply the device credit on the next bill.  Every single month I've called.   Today I was finally told that the fine print of the promotion required move to the Unlimited plan.  Never has anyone ever mentioned that before.  I've probably talked to 10 reps or more.  Never mentioned.  But, there's "nothing" Verizon can do since we didn't upgrade our plan.  My family doesn't need unlimited data.  I'm not being bullied into upgrading my plan.

I didn't even need the "free" iPhone 8.  I can't believe I fell for this lie.

We will be moving service for our 5 phones to ATT over the next year.  It's just not worth using a company that can't be trusted.  And, I plan to shout my disgust with Verizon from the rooftops going forward!

I hope someone reads this and it prevents them from falling for these scams.

Labels (1)
Re: Anyone else fall for the BOGO iPhone 8 deal Dec 2017?
amyjo2177
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is EXACTLY what happened with me. We currently have 4 phones and plan to add 2 more and I do believe AT&T will be in my future if they don't resolve this immediately!

0 Likes
DMOOR582
Enthusiast - Level 3

I finally got someone to help me via the online chat.  It's not ideal.  I have to chat EVERY MONTH and ask for my money back.  But, the online chat rep refunded me for the first 5 months of the phone that should have been free and "promised" that they would add a note to my file that when I chat next month after I get charged again, they will back out next month.  They said there's no other way to handle it except me contacting them every month.  Ugh.  But, it's way better service than what I was getting on the phone!

0 Likes
amyjo2177
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is ridiculous that you have to chat with them every month to get what you should get automatically.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMOOR582 and amyjo2177,

It disappoints me to hear about your experiences. We always want you to take advantage of a great promotion. Knowing all about the promotion is very important so you wll receive its benefits. DMOOR582,

I am happy to hear that someone is helping you via chat and is working on a resolution for you. amyjo2177, let's look into your promotion. Please check your Inbox for my Private Message.

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
amyjo2177
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing ever came of this when they told me they would fix it. I am once again, talking to another rep that I had to contact. This is ridiculous. I'm definitely switching to AT&T if this isn't fixed immediately.

0 Likes
DMOOR582
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only solution provided to me was via online chat.  I have to contact them EVERY SINGLE MONTH to request that my device promotion credit be manually applied.  I did it for the second time this morning.  It took forever because I have to start over each time I contact them and they continue to tell me that I need to switch to the Unlimited plan.  I refuse to do that since it was not mentioned in any of the promotion materials and I asked so so many times before I made the purchase.

So, to get my manual adjustment each month, I have to chat and beg every month.  Ridiculous.  I understand, but it seems like this could be easier.  I refuse to pay for this BOGO phone that I didn't even need!

Here's what I was told:

"... although the representative previously notated the account I still have to validate the information. It will be the same as the next representatives you will be speaking to as all adjustments are validated by the management. I hope you understand the process."

0 Likes
amyjo2177
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well you got off better than me. They refused still and I was even given a false ticket number from a supervisor that said he was issuing the credit, etc.  they still refused and told me that it had been too long since the promotion to fix it even though I’ve been talking to people for the past 6 months and had all the documentation.

0 Likes
DMOOR582
Enthusiast - Level 3

That stinks!  I have a feeling I won't get my money refunded every month considering I have to convince a different person each time to make the manual adjustment.  I'm so disappointed in Verizon.  I've been a customer forever.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amyjo2177, I am truly sorry to hear that you've had such a hard time with this promotion. I wanted to get fresh eyes on it, and sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and respond to me there. 

Leonard_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes