Android Motorola Moto X (first gen) to iPhone 6
Techsavvysomewhat
Contributor - Level 1

Are all the apps that are available in the google play store available in the App Store for the iPhone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Motorola Moto X (first gen) to iPhone 6
mama23dogs
Legend

I Will have to agree with Snn5, but with an explaination...

i Have an android phone and a house full of Apple.  I'm using an iPad to post now.

The devices sync and communicate perfectly and even have applications in common.

Many developers see the benefit of supporting both platforms.  I have found many apps that are "the same" on both stores.  Those apps that are available on both platforms still have to be purchased (even if free) on the different platform.  You can even sync your iTunes music onto an android phone, and MP3 music can be added to an iTunes library.

IF you are considering the switch, dont let apps hold you back.  The number of free apps available with iTunes is huge.

Is there there an application or function you need, that your android provides, that the iPhone MUST also provide?

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

No.  There is a huge difference in what Apple will allow vs what Android is capable of.  There are some similar apps, but you could ask about those apps and someone could tell you what is a good alternative.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Will have to agree with Snn5, but with an explaination...

i Have an android phone and a house full of Apple.  I'm using an iPad to post now.

The devices sync and communicate perfectly and even have applications in common.

Many developers see the benefit of supporting both platforms.  I have found many apps that are "the same" on both stores.  Those apps that are available on both platforms still have to be purchased (even if free) on the different platform.  You can even sync your iTunes music onto an android phone, and MP3 music can be added to an iTunes library.

IF you are considering the switch, dont let apps hold you back.  The number of free apps available with iTunes is huge.

Is there there an application or function you need, that your android provides, that the iPhone MUST also provide?

Snn5
Legend

Only real issues I have found are in apps that use adapters.  For instance, I use the Torque Pro OBD II automotive troubleshooting scanner and code reader app.  It requires a Bluetooth ELM adapter to communicate with my car's computer.  Unfortunately, Apple has some policy restrictions on data transfer between some devices that are not in place with Android.  The money that this $5 app and $9 adapter saved me was one thing that kept me from switching one time before.

mama23dogs
Legend

That is very specialized...

just as Apple can offer diabetics a direct read on iPhone that other platforms don't yet offer.

i Know of a number of people that use it and have switched to apple because of it.

there are many reasons to switch, that may not be valid, or maybe they are... I figure I should ask so we can look at the options.   Collectively, there is a lot of knowledge on this forum.

Techsavvysomewhat
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not really worried about having apps holding me back from switching being that I've already made the choice to switch from an Android device to an Apple device. I also have some apple devices already. Which I guess means I shouldn't of asked the question to begin with. But I know just because one app is compatible with one device doesn't make it compatible with all of them.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

And if you are like myself, you use different things on the phone than you do on a tablet.  While some apps have a different version for phones, it isn't a big deal.  For example, the mapquest app has a different tablet and phone version, as does CVS.  But so what, they are free apps.

i Lasted one week on an iPhone. I missed customizing my screens with widgets and stuff.  Yet I can't give up my iPad.

0 Likes
Techsavvysomewhat
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I totally agree. I am on my iPad now and that's how I am responding to

this. With ,y android I've noticed some apps between that and my iPad that

are almost the same like Zedge and I use that for ringtones and wallpapers.

If i can use that on my iPhone when I get it like how I can on my iPad and

iPod touch. Which on thiopental two I only use it for wallpapers.

0 Likes