Activate Apple Watch on Prepaid plan?
sw9632
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know with certainty if an Apple Watch 4 can activate cellular on a Verizon prepaid plan? It seems to me that to activate cellular on the watch you need "Numbershare." And, "Numbershare" does not appear to be offered to prepaid plans.  Therefore, I'm concluding prepaid plans cannot activate cellular on Apple Watch 4.

The info I've found so far is dated 2018.  Does anyone know for sure about this?  

Re: Activate Apple Watch on Prepaid plan?
boydbria
Enthusiast - Level 1

Would really like this to be the case and/or supported soon.  Right now I'm paying double than what I could pay using Prepaid just because I have an apple watch.  Seems like a no-brainer to do.  I always pay off my devices when I get them so Prepaid would be the best option and still retaining my Verizon service.  But...  I can't because I have an Apple Watch on Cellular using Numbershare and apparently it's not supported yet.  

FormulaBrand

I just went through this with my daughter's Apple Watch SE [2021], and can confirm, NOPE.  Verizon gave me days of run around about this, trying to move me to POST PAY several times, and lots of hold times.

I eventually went to T-mobile for $5.00 a month and got a separate cell number for the watch.

But now, my daughter has a cell phone and no longer wants the watch so my wife wants to use the watch with her current Verizon number so I am back to square one with this.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes