Privacy Policy and Personal Data Access
NilsaF_VZW
Community Manager
Community Manager

Community Personal Access Data

Members of the Verizon Communities can retrieve, view, change, reset and download their community content and personal information. Members can also delete their personal information by closing the account.

Your Ability to Access: You have the ability to request access to your community content and personal information. Community Members can do this by logging into your Community Account and navigating to My Settings > Personal > Personal Information and clicking “My Community Content” and “My Personal Information” under “Downloads.”

Your Ability to Delete: You also have the ability to delete your personal information by logging into your Community Account and navigating to My Settings > Personal > Close Account. You can also send a private message to the moderation or admin team for assistance as needed.

Your Ability to Correct: You also have the ability to view and edit your personal information by logging into your Community Account and navigating to My Settings > Personal > Personal Information / Download. There you can make changes to any personal information and click save to complete the correction. You can also edit any community content you had previously entered. Within My Profileyou will see Edit my profile right beneath About Me as indicated below:

GettingStarted11.jpg

From there you can select Edit my profile to make any changes or corrections.

Your Ability to Appeal: Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia residents have the right to appeal our process for responding to your privacy request, or a specific response to a privacy request you have exercised.  To inquire about appeal options, please visit our Privacy Inquiry Form.

Authorized Agents: You can authorize an agent to exercise your privacy choices on your behalf. To designate an individual or business as your agent, please send their name, physical address, and email address to verizon.community.team@verizon.com. We may require additional proof that you granted the authority.

Here are some screenshots on how to retrieve, view, change, reset, download personal data and close (delete) account:

My Settings > Personal > Username

GettingStarted12.jpg

My Settings > Personal > Email >

Members can view, change or reset their email by making the change and clicking on Save / Reset.

GettingStarted13.jpg

My Settings > Personal > Password

Members can change or reset their password by adding their current password, new password and verify password and clicking on Change My Password or Reset.

GettingStarted14.png

My Settings > Personal > Personal Information / Download

Members can view and edit their personal information (ex: first name, last name, signature, title, location, personal web page, biography, private notes, IP address and device ID) by making changes and clicking on Save.

Members can download their community content / personal information by scrolling to the bottom of the page, where there is an option to download their community content / personal data.

GettingStarted15.png

My Settings > Personal > IM Screen Names

Members can view, edit and reset their IM screen names (ex: ICQ number, AIM screen name, MSN Messenger screen name, Yahoo ID, Skype name notes, IP address and device ID) by making changes and clicking on Save / Reset.

GettingStarted16.jpg

My Settings > Personal > Auto-Signin Options

Members can turn off Auto Signin for all computers or for this computer only by clicking on the respective option.

GettingStarted17.jpg

My Settings > Personal > Close Account

Members can close their community account. Personal information deletion, when exercised, will permanently anonymize the personal information of the member and attribute the content to an “Anonymous User”. The “Anonymous User” will have a standard “Anonymous” username and a default avatar to distinguish it from other users.

GettingStarted18.jpg

Members can also ask the moderation team / community admin team to close their account via private message.

Member will private message the moderator / admin.

• Moderator / Admin will see the message when they log in and close the account accordingly.
  • The Personal Information and Community Content of the Member will change to “Anonymous” and the Member will no longer have the ability to log in.

After you close your account, you can't re-open it. If you later decide to re-join the community, you must re-register and start from scratch. Closing your account will immediately log you out.

Have a question? Feel free to send an email to our Community Team .

Nilsa
Community Manager