why is verizon taking so long to send the lollipop 5.0 update to all of its customers? I have a samsung note edge and am getting really frustrated with customer care
Sethro77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried multiple times to ask customer care where the android 5.0 update is for my phone.... I have the samsung galaxy note edge and they just keep telling me that google and samsung are "working hard".... i.e. verizon doesnt want to release the update until they have to do the least amount of work after the release so they will just make samsung and google responsible until they feel that their customer service will have to do the least amount of help post release.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why is verizon taking so long to send the lollipop 5.0 update to all of its customers? I have a samsung note edge and am getting really frustrated with customer care
Snn5
Legend

You'll be waiting for 5.1.

0 Likes
Re: why is verizon taking so long to send the lollipop 5.0 update to all of its customers? I have a samsung note edge and am getting really frustrated with customer care
Sethro77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right... I forgot that Verizon took so long releasing the update that we are now on 5.1 instead of 5.0.... way to go Verizon, you're so cutting edge!!! (sarcasm implied)

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You'd have to look at the many problems people are having with Lollipop and their make / model device to justify the delay. You really want to wait until they get it right. Otherwise, you'll be unhappy you got it with known issues.

Faster is not always better or smarter.

What features / functionality exactly do you think you are missing right now that warrants your dissatisfaction?

Sethro77
Enthusiast - Level 2

As i have said before.... I dont want to be told that I wont like the update because of some known issues that some have had and others havent... I want to be allowed to find out for myself, not told that I can't try it because someone else is afraid that I won't like it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That's like wanting to touch the orange glow of the stove eye:  you know it's hot, but you want the opportunity to grab a hold of it anyway, just so you can say you did so because you had the right to.

Sethro77
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's different because it is a 100% chance that the stove will burn

you... 100% of customers who have completed the update have not had issues,

so the comparison is a logical fallacy.... try again

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your perceived logic is that YOU can change anything.  YOU will change nothing.  Verizon must go on probabilities here.  Most everyone will experience an issue.  Some won't because of how they handle the update process. One might touch same said burner with an oven mitt.  But Verizon doesn't know who's wearing mitts and who isn't.  This thread is going nowhere.

0 Likes
Sethro77
Enthusiast - Level 2

You never mentioned the option of an oven mitt prior to this comment, so now you are creating arguments on a false premise this has nothing to do with me feeling like I can fix anything.... This is me saying that  I dont think that it is right that someone else can make a decision for me based on their opinion of an option that should be available to me.... You keep changing the direction of the argument to an assumption that there will be problems with an option that I want available to me, when in fact there is no proof that there will definitively be an issue... only the fact that some have had issues and others have not.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

And ergo, you never know what angle or mitigating factors will come into play on either side of the equation and alter the course of action.

0 Likes