when is VZW going to send out an update to fix the stagefright vulnerability for HTC M8 owners?
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

Sprint has already pushed a patch out to it's customers that own M8s and VZW has started pushing out fixes for other devices. I called HTC tech support and was told that the patch was sent to all the carriers at the same time and that it is in VZW's hands now. Calling VZW tech support did absolutely no good as the rep I spoke with had never heard of the Stagefright vulnerability. Has anyone heard when Verizon might get around to helping out M8 owners?@

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: when is VZW going to send out an update to fix the stagefright vulnerability for HTC M8 owners?
ClayKirby
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think they have updated any of their devices to fix Stagefright.  Also haven't see where they actually answer any of your questions about it either.  Very disappointing to me.

0 Likes
Re: when is VZW going to send out an update to fix the stagefright vulnerability for HTC M8 owners?
CJMIA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, they've updated the Galaxy Note 4, S5, S6 and S6 Edge. So yes, they're updating devices. So hopefully yours is around the corner!

0 Likes
waino

CJMIA noted on 17 Aug that the Galaxy Note 4, S5, S6 and S6 Edge were updated. As of today, my Droid MAX is still vulnerable to CVE-2015-3829, 3864, 3827, 3824, and 1538.

0 Likes