voicemail notification but no messages
Caelee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an LG V10, and occasionally the voicemail notification appears and even after I have cleared the messages in my inbox, it will continue to tell me that I have new messages. How can I stop my phone from doing this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: voicemail notification but no messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the basic non-visual voicemail, I have found sometimes the notification gets stuck. The way I have found to clear it is by doing the following. I would call my cell phone number from another phone and leave a 2 second message just long enough for the system to register it. Then I will access the voicemail on my phone and delete the message I just left. Afterwards the notification symbol is removed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is right here for you, Caelee. Let's wok together to resolve the ghost voice mail notification. Before we start, have you done the steps that Ann154 suggested? If so then what was the results? Also, can we assume that you are using the basic voice mail and not a third party voice mail service?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Caelee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have, even had other voicemail get left that I checked and deleted but no change.  My phone continues to activate the icon And the notification sound goes off multiple times a day.  So I check just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

From what I've heard, force stopping the phone app will clear it. Just open the phone app after to get it running again to make sure you don't miss any calls.

0 Likes
Jpawelczyk

I have had this problem for months with my Pixel 2.  Tried all the recommended fixes (calling my phone multiple times to leave messages, toggling message indicator off/on, restarting Phone app, clearing cache, etc.) but no joy.  Today I downloaded the newest version the Phone app (Sept 11 2019) from the Google Play store and voila!  The ghost voice mail icon is gone.  I'm curious to know if this works for anyone else.

0 Likes
KCisk
Enthusiast - Level 1

doesn't work.  Neither does clearing cashe

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your notifications clear at the appropriate time. What is the make and model of your device? When did this issue start?

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes
KCisk
Enthusiast - Level 1

NONE of the fixes do anything.  I whole heartedly believe that because my phone is paid off, verizon is making it stop functioning so I will go into debt for another $1,000+ to "upgrade" (replace) an otherwise perfectly acceptable phone.

TOO COSTLY!  And WAYYYYY too many aps, especially ones we cannot control and eliminate that track everything we do and are useless to the consumer.

Such a racket.  No wonder people are going back to ordinary flip phones!  

I have even done a full factory reset and my voicemail has never returned to normal.  It stopped alerts after I got my first notice to upgrade at least a year ago.  I contacted CS and they were unable to help me fix it.

Now, the month my phone was paid off, my text messages don't alert me any more.  

I am going back to the stupid flip phone and throwing this garbage away after I demolish it! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer myself so I get needing to have your phone working again. I can assure you that we will get it fixed for you. No need to go back to a flip phone. What is the make and model of your phone? Are you able to check your voicemail if you dial *86?  -Amber

0 Likes