voicemail activities received, invalid password - help!
Lobstergirl

Since Friday, my phone alerts every 30 minutes or so that I have voicemail activities received, and that I have entered an invalid password. I have an LG enlighten. My password to my audio voicemail works just fine, I've checked about 10 times just to be sure.  I have tried a soft reboot, I have pulled the battery, I have done the *228 software update.  Apparently this is linked to visual voice mail, which I don't even subscribe to.  I have tried my last 4 digits of my phone number, 9999, 0000, and most other suggested permutations. Has anyone else had - and been able to resolve - this problem without wasting hours with tech support?  Thanks in advance for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: voicemail activities received, invalid password - help!
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Lobstergirl,

I'm glad to hear that this issue has not effected your audio voice mail, *86. May I ask were there any changes made on the device on Friday that may have triggered this issue, like a software update or a new app download? Have you used visual voice mail in the past? If this is a service that you do not plan on using then you can uninstall the app from the device. If you would like to use this service then try clearing the data and/or clearing the cache from the app in the settings menu. Once cleared, please update your roaming on the device by calling *228 and send then select option 2 from the automated system. Finally, reboot the device and retest. If you are still having issues then reply to this message with your findings for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
carrera4s

I had the same issue with my phone - an LG Revolution.  I went to the Verizon store and the guy there had the same problem with his phone.  He basically told me that it does have something to do with the visual voicemail.  He said to get rid of the notification i had to do a factory data reset.  On my phone its under Settings>Privacy.  Your contacts and everything should be backed up to Backup Assistant and your Google account and they will sync once you reset your phone and go through the setup process again.  Your apps will also be backed up to your Google account and youll be able to re-download them in the app store under My Apps, even ones you might have had to pay for. 

It worked for me but its a bit of a pain to refigure out all the settings i had before.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Lobstergirl

Thanks for your help! I blocked visual voicemail, did the *228, rebooted, nothing worked and I just gave up on it, but about 2 days later, it stopped on its own. I will keep your suggestions in mind in case it happens again.

0 Likes