verizon messaging, moto-g and group texts.
Justmary28

I just got a moto-g. I transferred all my contacts, including group contacts. I downloaded verizon messages to be able to send group texts. I cannot figure out how to send group texts and the verizon messages video is no help. How do I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon messaging, moto-g and group texts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

justmary61,

I love group messaging so let's ensure you can enjoy this feature as well. Is your group messaging on? Go to your messaging application, select settings, ensure group messaging is on. Please keep us posted we want to ensure this is working for you.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Justmary28

Please tell what to look for in vz messaging settings I don't see anything in settings or advanced setting

0 Likes
Justmary28

Karen C,

According to the information online, downloading Verizon messaging would enable me to send group texts by using a group contact list, rather than individually entering each name/number. I did so and as stated above I cannot group text. I have been through ALL of the settings and advanced settings in Verizon messaging and there is NO setting that relates to turning on or off group messaging. Here is additional information. My group contacts show up in contacts, but I cannot send a message, the dropdown only says delete. My phone is a moto-g. Please let me know if the group text function is not available on the moto g. I will need to send the phone back if I cannot send group texts.

Thank you,

Mary

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello justmary61,

Thanks for the info. We want to do everything that we can to get you the best device to meet your wireless needs. I would like to partner with you to ensure that you are able to use the group text feature. Please send us a private message so we can proceed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Justmary28

I don't really want to partner. I just want to know if I can or cannot group message with Verizon messaging on a moto-g.

0 Likes