uploader droird eris 2.2
superchanklon

somebody know when will be ready to uploader an android eris?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: uploader droird eris 2.2
myk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi there,

People have been recieving their OTA automatically to their device over the last week or so. Its kind of random when it comes, your neighbor could get it one day, and you the next week.

However all the OTA's are supposed to be sent out by today the 18th, but it could take longer.

Hope this answers your question

-Myk

LG Ally 2.2, HP Mini 110-1046NR, LG Fathom, LG enV Touch

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Eris has not yet been confirmed to get 2.2, the general consensus I'd that it won't.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
As much as I would like 2.2 on my Droid Eris, I am not real sure it going to get either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
myk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, after a little more research,  i've found out that HTC has confirmed that the Eris will not be receiving the 2.2 update any time soon. However sometime in the future is still another mystery.

I don't know what the reason is, whether it be HTC slacking, or just 2.2 doesn't work / look quite right.

More details to come.

-Myk

LG Ally, HP Mini 110-1046NR, LG Fathom, enV Touch

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:
As much as I would like 2.2 on my Droid Eris, I am not real sure it going to get either.

Don't worry my phone is not getting the 2.2 update either. :smileysad:

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
The most common reason is that the Eris can't handle it. I can tell you for a fact that it can. Don't ask me how I know, I can't talk about that here. I think they are having a hard time getting sense to work with it and they don't want to just abandon sense on phones that are already running it, which could be why the d'inc hasn't gotten it yet.
0 Likes
dynistking

im also an ERIS user. I like the Sense program but if i had to choose between Sense and 2.2 FROYO i would go FROYO.

Also to add i wouldn't mind not getting the hot-spot and all the other bells and whistles, but atleast give me the upgraded OS. 

Even if you have to get rid of Sense. Atleast that will make many Eris customers who are locked in 1 or 2 year contracts in some sense happy. And not rubbed the wrong way by selling us a phone that was basically on the EOL (End of Life) list when it was first released. Which I myself am very unhappy about. Because when you go to buy a smartphone you normally think about it very carefully. And when you pay that much for it and it was just released you would never think that it would be EOL very very soon after

And to add. I haven't done this myself, but i have several friends who have the Eris and have a leaked 2.2 FROYO on it and the phone is capable of running it. Out of the respect of my friends i will not say who they are and where they got it, sense i made a promise not to release any info on it other than it works (Not fully and has bugs but non the less it works).

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

demmo86rt wrote:
The most common reason is that the Eris can't handle it. I can tell you for a fact that it can. Don't ask me how I know, I can't talk about that here. I think they are having a hard time getting sense to work with it and they don't want to just abandon sense on phones that are already running it, which could be why the d'inc hasn't gotten it yet.

You are right. Some of the phones just cannot support the 2.2 update.I think it goes mainly towards the older android phones. The newer android phones will get the 2.2 for sure.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Like I said tho, the Eris CAN handle it, I'm holding proof in my hands right now. I think that a lot of verizon's "it won't work" statements are a ploy to get people to upgrade.

O, and happy birthday.
0 Likes