unlocked BlackBerry KEY2 compatible/ Whitelisted on VZW??
ikbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

the BlackBerry KEY2 is available for pre-order starting June 29, and shipping July 13.  Looks like it has all the LTE bands Verizon requires.

Looking for support information from Verizon whether or not it will work and be whitelisted?

any help is appreciated.

keytwo | BlackBerry Mobile - Official website

Model BBF100-2

FDD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 20, 28, 29, 30, 66

(2100/1900/1800/1700/850/2600/900/700/700/700/700/800/700/700/WCS/AWS-3)

TD-LTE 38, 39, 40, 41 (2600/1900/2300/2500)

HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5/6, 8 (2100/1900/1700/850/900 MHz)

Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

3GPP release version:

-2G: Rel8

-3G: Rel9

-LTE: Rel11

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unlocked BlackBerry KEY2 compatible/ Whitelisted on VZW??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would need to be VoLTE capable. If it is certified, it should be on this list. Verizon Certified Open Market Android Smartphones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JANBRO82

I have the same Question.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would need to be VoLTE capable. If it is certified, it should be on this list. Verizon Certified Open Market Android Smartphones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ikbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

How quickly does that list update?  The device isnt available in the U.S. yet...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They have been updating it when devices become available and the phone model is certified.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ikbb & JANBRO82, I understand wanting to see what new devices are available to work with the VZW Network. Ann154 has supplied the best place to check on which new Android Devices can be activated on our network, when not purchased directly from VZW. It was last updated in May and will continue to be updated as new devices roll out. I recommend bookmarking that page, so you can easily reference it to see when new devices are added. I hope you find this information beneficial.

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ikbb
Enthusiast - Level 2

so. i can confirm that the KEY2 does indeed work on Verizon.

I did purchase the KEY2 LE, after everything worked on that, i put the SIM into the KEY2, and everything works.  even visual voicemail works! 🙂  so i'm a happy camper.  thank you verizon.

i have the BBF100-2 model.  i do miss Android Pie, but hopefully BlackBerry will push that soon.

0 Likes