unable to connect to WiFi
acrftyone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a galaxy s5. Tried to reboot the phone, powered off, pulled the battery out and restarted. Deleted network from device and re entered, network info did not change because other devices still connect. Why can't I connect to wifi

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: unable to connect to WiFi
stef7
Master - Level 2

Try rebooting your router. Sometimes this does the trick.

0 Likes
acrftyone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unable to do that, it's a public location (work). The few ppl I talked to last night were  able to log in. I don't use it for anything inappropriate. Got home and it worked fine. I'll see what happens s when I get there later.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to connect to all available WiFi networks acrftyone! You have done most basic troubleshooting as per your original post. Do you receive any error message when connecting to this particular WiFi network? What happens when you try to access a website? Any errors there? Can you connect to other WiFi networks?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
VDale420
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Note 2. It used to seamlessly connect to WiFi. I had all of them set-up. Then after a firmware update my WiFi connections started screwing-up. The phone would lock-up and work like crap. Verizon support could not figure it out. Course they did not know what the upgrade messed up. (Nor would they admit it if they thought it was the update.) Luckily I kept my unlimited data plan so I just turned off WiFi. My phone works great as long as it stays off of WiFi. I think it's something in the Verizon firmware updates.

0 Likes