tracking my son's phone using GPS
webwade

Hello,

When we bought our phones the salesman set up the tracking feature on my phone and my sons phone so I could see where he is.  both of our phone downloaded an update the next day and now that feature doesn't seem to be working.  It shows my son's phone on the map, but it's not even close to where we live and hasn't moved for three days even though he's sitting right next to me.  Any suggestions?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: tracking my son's phone using GPS
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

webwade wrote:

Hello,

When we bought our phones the salesman set up the tracking feature on my phone and my sons phone so I could see where he is.  both of our phone downloaded an update the next day and now that feature doesn't seem to be working.  It shows my son's phone on the map, but it's not even close to where we live and hasn't moved for three days even though he's sitting right next to me.  Any suggestions?

thanks

Some people have issues with GPS accuracy, such as showing your location 1000 feet or further away from your actual location, and this can be resolved by following these steps.

1. Download GPS Status from the market (it's free).

2. Make sure your GPS is turned on and open GPS Status.

3. Go to a location where you don't have magnetic devices around you (like electronics of any sort), such as outside (ideal) or room with minimal electronics nearby.

4. Hold your phone in your hand flat. Spin it around 3 times. After that, hold your phone on it's side, spin it around 3 times again. Finally, put your phone right side up (end on end) and spin it 3 more times. You can also do figure 8's, but the spins worked for me.

5. Go to Google Maps and see if your location is closer.

0 Likes