texts not going through to one person
davecalculator
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no issues receiving and sending texts to everyone EXCEPT my girlfriend . For over a week now she sends me texts no problem but for some reason she is not receiving any texts I send to her.  Obviously a problem

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: texts not going through to one person
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

davecalculator,

Thanks for giving those things a try. I know this must be frustrating to you. I would be upset if I couldn't reach my girlfriend as well. We're going to need to take a look at this from our end to see what's happening on the network side. As the community forums are a public place, we can't take your information here. Please reach out to us via a private medium. We can use phone, livechat, or even social media. Here's a link that will provide all three of those options: http://vz.to/1IczeM5 Once we can take a look at what's happening from the network side, we'll be able to advise you on the best course of action to fix the issue. Thanks.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Stacey2

I had a similar problem & my solution was to delete the text history.

Apparently I had no deleted old texts in quite a while & the system

couldn't keep up. Try deleting your text history. I hopr that helps. Good

luck.

On Nov 16, 2015 4:08 PM, "davecalculator" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
davecalculator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did not work.  Tried restarting phone,  removing battery,  deleting contact and re-entering it,  deleting text histories ..nothing works

0 Likes
Stacey2

Bummer. I'm stumped. Good luck.

On Nov 16, 2015 6:06 PM, "davecalculator" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don’t want you missing any texts from the girlfriend davecalculator. We wouldn’t want her to think you were ignoring her! Thanks for the steps you have tried so far. Let’s keep at this. Did anything change when this started? New phones, numbers, apps, software, etc? Did either of you recently switch from iPhone to Android or vice versa?
NicoleB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
davecalculator
Enthusiast - Level 2

No nothing changed whatsoever.  One minute it was all fine and the next morning just my texts are not going through to her.

0 Likes
sbenson1189
Enthusiast - Level 2

Delete her out of the phone book, then re-add her.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

davecalculator,

Let’s get these messages flowing! Great troubleshooting that you have done so far. This is quite the mystery & we have our magnify glass on for this. When did this start to happen? What make & model phone do you have? Are you using the stock text app that came with the phone or the Verizon Messages texting app?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
davecalculator
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already tried deleting her from my phone book and re entering her.  I'm on verizon galaxy s4 and she is at&t galaxy s5.  Was using the stock text app that comes with the phone.  Installed the Verizon messages app and that does not work either.  Seems like a lot of people are having this problem.  What's the problem Verizon?  Been with you since 2001 what is going on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

davecalculator,

Thanks for giving those things a try. I know this must be frustrating to you. I would be upset if I couldn't reach my girlfriend as well. We're going to need to take a look at this from our end to see what's happening on the network side. As the community forums are a public place, we can't take your information here. Please reach out to us via a private medium. We can use phone, livechat, or even social media. Here's a link that will provide all three of those options: http://vz.to/1IczeM5 Once we can take a look at what's happening from the network side, we'll be able to advise you on the best course of action to fix the issue. Thanks.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes