texting pictures
CHRKEL1

I cannot send a picture in a text.  The error is message size reached.  I tried cropping the pic and attaching other pics.  Any suggestions?

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: texting pictures
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you taking the picture first and then try to send or are you taking the picture through the text message app command?

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CHRKEL1, we are here to help. Messaging is an important way that we communicate. What is the file size of the picture/file? We are here to help. BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Some of the newer phones have very high mega pixel cameras. If you have it set to take pictures at the highest quality the picture will be too large to send in an MMS. Try lowering the quality of the image capture through the camera settings. If you are taking pictures to send in MMS or share on social media with no intention of printing them, then a lower MP capture should be more than enough.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i'm surprised the phone doesn't resize big pics automatically with a text/pic message.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

bearone21 wrote:

i'm surprised the phone doesn't resize big pics automatically with a text/pic message.

It is all the network settings and how much the VZW network can handle as far as file size.

0 Likes