text select copy and paste on Eris Droid
nvrfollow

I can't find a way to select text (multiple lines for example) from an email or txt message and then to copy that text to another email.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My previous phone was a Blackberry Pearl that had great test select, copy features.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text select copy and paste on Eris Droid
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

nvrfollow wrote:

I can't find a way to select text (multiple lines for example) from an email or txt message and then to copy that text to another email.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My previous phone was a Blackberry Pearl that had great test select, copy features.

On my phone if I want to copy a text from another person, I just press forward option. Then hold my finger down on the content & a menu will pop up. I select "copy". Go to desired place & hold down your finger. Menu will pop up and press "paste".

For email I just do it the same way...forward option.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

nvrfollow wrote:

On my phone if I want to copy a text from another person, I just press forward option. Then hold my finger down on the content & a menu will pop up. I select "copy". Go to desired place & hold down your finger. Menu will pop up and press "paste".

For email I just do it the same way...forward option.

0 Likes
thetornado
Enthusiast - Level 3
yes thats a great tip! kind of have to think like a computer with the droid, copy/paste is usable but you need to get the text to a format where you can select it. like what was said above selecting to forward an email will make that text "copyable"
0 Likes
nvrfollow

thanks everybody.  the trick is to hold down the text you want to select from. 

Lesson for the droid - try just holding whatever to see if you get menu options.

0 Likes