text messages failing to single number
kozmob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Text messages are failing to a single number from my Galaxy S3. Once in a while a message goes through but most don't. No problem receiving texts or calls from that number. No problems with any other numbers. Any ideas? Is it possible the owner of the phone is blocking my number? thnx

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: text messages failing to single number
B33
Legend

Well if your colleague is not blocking calls or Text I'd say it's the phone having issues accepting certain type of text or it's at it's text limit and it's kicking out certain text while accepting others).  Ask her if she's cleaned out her Text cache on here phone or if she has cleaned her phone lately with a clearing of the phone cache Partition..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Could be, Is the number your speaking of a relative or friend number ? you might give them a call and ask..

0 Likes
kozmob
Enthusiast - Level 2

the number is a work colleague. She claims there is no block. I don't know if it's even possible for someone to block another's txt messages.

For msg details I see "Status: Failed, Error code:null"

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well if your colleague is not blocking calls or Text I'd say it's the phone having issues accepting certain type of text or it's at it's text limit and it's kicking out certain text while accepting others).  Ask her if she's cleaned out her Text cache on here phone or if she has cleaned her phone lately with a clearing of the phone cache Partition..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kozmob,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with sending text to a specific number. How long ago did this issue begin? Since it is intermittent it is harder to tell what exactly could be happening. First suggestion would be to delete and then readd the contact in your phone. Also check if the contact is saved with or without a 1 before the full number. If with a 1 then save it again without a 1 and vice versa if it doesn't have a 1. Keep us updated on this so we can make sure it is fully resolved.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport